Miscarriage of Justice Omnibus Thread

Not a full miscarriage yet, but someone’s trying hard.

…maybe next time try NOT linking to a Daily Wire article trying to whip up trans-panic.

Legit complaint. Wasn’t paying attention.

How’s US News?

…looks like political overreach to me. Not seeing the miscarriage.

Extra irony for the officer’s name being Flood.

A man’s life was changed after he spent 17 days in a New Mexico jail because American Airlines wrongfully accused and identified him to police as a shoplifter at the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, according to a lawsuit filed Monday.

Michael Lowe boarded a flight at DFW Airport in May 2020. More than a year later, he said, he was on vacation in New Mexico when he was arrested on warrants he had never heard of for a crime he did not commit.

Surveillance footage showed a man with a ‘military-style buzz cut wearing no mask’ shoplifting. Mr. Lowe had long grey hair at the time, and was wearing a mask. Mr. Lowe sat in jail for 17 days, and nobody told him what he was charged with until after he was released. When he got home and tried to find out why he had been arrested, a detective told him that another warrant would be issued for his arrest because he missed a court date he apparently didn’t know he had.

Due to his arrest, Mr. Lowe had to refund $30,000 to people who had hired him, the arrest warrants remained active after his release so that he could not work until September 2021, and some of his longtime employees left because of the uncertain situation. And that’s not mentioning the psychological trauma.

Held in solitary for months - acquitted by a jury in a couple of hours of deliberation

Four Louisiana Officers Acquitted In Death of Black Man (yahoo.com)

McGlothen’s family wanted answers after police told them he had died of a heart attack. The body cam footage showed [McGlothen being both tased and beaten. He also had a broken nose, broken jaw, and the entire right side of his face was swollen.

I do not know if any of the 4 cops even lost their jobs.

McGlothen family attorney James Carter stated that the family will go forward in filing a wrongful death suit and that the fight for justice isn’t over

I hope the sue for enough to bankrupt the city. Government don’t care about citizens but it cares about money.

Understandably, the family wants answers as to why Shreveport police didn’t publicly acknowledge McGlothen’s death and why they misled the family about the circumstances surrounding it.

“I just wanted to know what happened,” Tommy McGlothen III, McGlothen’s son, told KSLA. It took 54 days for the Shreveport Police Department to send an investigative report to District Attorney James Stewart. Even then, Stewart said the file was “missing reports, statements, downloads and other vital information essential to conduct a thorough and complete review.”

In other words, there was a conspiracy to destroy and cover up evidence.

Less to present against them at trial. Successful strategy.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there were a law that states if evidence is destroyed, withheld, or lost, it will be assumed that the party responsible for the destruction, withholding, or loss is guilty without need for a trial (if the accused) or is guilty of trying to convict an innocent person (if the accuser), loses the trial, their job, and their law license(s).

Dunno if this really goes here, but there doesn’t seem to be an ACAB thread.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/exclusive-rpd-investigator-on-desk-duty-following-dispute-with-emt-in-ambulance-bay/6526199/

Damn.
I lived in Rochester a long while back.
I read the entire article and kept thinking “Was she black? Was he white?”
Then I watched the video.

Yep, no surprise there. The investigator needs to be fired and have every single license/bond/permit he has relating in any way to law enforcement revoked. The EMT ought to be able to sue him out of house and home.

I would also like a pony.

Yikes. That’s indistinguishable from a kidnapping, that is.

The ambulance bay in front of the emergency room is typically reserved for ambulances only but the investigator was parked there, planning to go inside for a case.

I wonder if RPD will issue him a ticket for that. Oh, and charge him with assault. Settle the lawsuit for false arrest. Fire him. Etc.

So is any arrest. But since the police are empowered by the law to do that, it’s not. Many things that cops do are crimes when non-police do them.

On the other hand, the whole thing is extremely fucked up. First, he parks his cop car where it will block ambulances who are trying to save lives in moments where seconds matter. Then an ambulance hits his cop car with its door because his car is parked in an ambulance-only area, and they really need to get the patient inside. The cop wanted to stop and interrogate the EMT who was bringing in a fucking guy from an ambulance. Gee golly, she wasn’t interested to stop and chat with the cop. So he marches inside and arrests her.

That cop shouldn’t even be allowed to run security at a Chuck E Cheese after that shit.

Here’s a corker for you. Pamela Moses is a convicted felon and applied to get her right to vote returned to her after her probation was over. The department of corrections and the county election commission both signed off on her application. They made a mistake, she was convicted and sentenced to 6 years (gift article).

What really gets me about this is a quote from the judge

How does that work, exactly? Is it really that easy for convicted felons to trick the people in charge of convicts? One might think the DOC would be, I dunno, wary, of things told to them by felons.

Charges were dismissed: