MissBungle - what an unpleasant creature!

Well, I find MissBungle very abrasive. It’s not just that her social and political viewpoints differ from my own. Others whose opinions strongly differ from mine, like December and Polycarp, don’t particularly abrade me. I mean I think their brains are screwed in sideways but I don’t wanna bite 'em. MissBungle has a certain … aggressively self-righteous, smarmy quality to her posts that makes me want to bite her, in a virtual sort of way. I really can’t put my finger on exactly what pisses me off about her just yet, but I will eventually if she keeps pissing me off, and then I’ll, I’ll … write a post about it.

That’ll show her.

bump

Bump?

Why the fuck would you want to bump a thread started against you as a flame?

Maybe she’s cold!

Seeing the bump I’ll give in my 0.5 cents (inflation) as a fellow-newbie. I must say, MissBungle that the first couple of your posts seemed a bit harsh, though it is difficult to see where people draw the line. However, having read lately quite a lot of your other posts I see nothing out of order. For what it’s worth, your opinions to my mind do contribute positively to the threads I’ve read. So I for one am glad to see you here. (I also appreciate, if I may be so bold, that your punctuation has become more polished)

For the record, as a newbie I find it hard as well to find the proper tone. It does take some practice to find the exact amount of irony you are allowed to use; I guess the olbies (old-bies? oldies?) are used to each other and know that someone must be joking, while new persons have to earn that good-will.

And Jack Batty, I guess that was a vanity bump. A personal pitting within a month, that’s impressive, especially since people step in for you. Congratulations! :wink:

Maybe she got sick of eating dessert and doing yoga.

Well, we have quite a few self-professed “blunt” posters around here who don’t invoke the ire that MissBungle has. For example, say, Airman Doors, or NachosforSara. Both very blunt, somewhat aggressive posters, who, at the same time, haven’t really rubbed anyone the wrong way like MissBungle.

Why is that?

Thanks, Guin. I think. :wink:

Well, Guin, that was part of my point. There’s been more than one instance where I’ve read the links in a newbie-Pitting and just had to scratch my head. “Well, shit,” I think, “most of us post worse than this all the fucking time and nobody turns a hair. Why’s everybody jumping down this guy’s throat?”

Airman, for what it’s worth, I’ve met you in real life, and I think you’re a pretty cool individual. So yes, it is a compliment.

What I mean is, peeps, that there are some who are capable of being blunt without being assholes. MissBungle does not seem to be one of them.

Heck, I’m just jealous of all the attention. I’ve been here for 2 1/2 years with 2700 posts, and I still think nobody reads my posts. ::sniff:: I guess that’s the problem with trying to be diplomatic and reasonable. Of course, I can say just about anything I want and nobody seems to notice that, either. :smiley:

I’m shocked and outraged by this, featherlou. Rest assured I will be starting a pit thread about your behaviour.

Feel better? :smiley:

Thanks, samarm. Appreciate it.

Thank you for cursing, Jack Batty. Before your post, this “Pit” thread was starting to sound like a tea party from Jane Austin.

Hell, featherlou, I’ve been on this board almost four years and nobody’s ever pitted me.

I guess (sob) that (sob) nobody likes me!!! (bawwwl!)

That’s Jane Austen, you $#%^@&

There, feel better now? :smiley:

Yet another vote for “lame and undeserved” Pit thread.

MissBungle, look at the good side. You are being noticed, and your posts are having an impact.

I had 3x as many posts as you before someone pitted me. OTOH, that thread was even lamer than this one.

Stick to your guns, MissBungle.

Hey, “Fuck” is my middle name.

My parents were such jokesters.

Keep this up and you won’t be taught the secret handshake either.

Apologies to all of those who consider my OP lame. My phrasing should have tipped folks off to the relatively low energy I wished to afford this issue. She’s just one more unpleasantness in a world teeming with them. I choose to expend far more of my attention towards more positive things. My OP was more of an IMHO, but for the specific object. Was basically expressing a personal preference against consistantly unpleasant people.

Tho some have questioned whether MsB’s posts were pit-worthy, I note no one has yet responded to this question in my OP:

Just wondering, in her brief tenure on these boards has MissBungle posted ANYTHING that is not mean, judgmental, and/or intolerant? Has she said anything positive? Encouraging?

No, everything does not always have to be sweetness and light. We would soon get tired of such sunny saccharine. But, speaking only for myself, I find the opposite end of the spectum equally wearisome.

If, MsB is as consistently unpleasant and judgmental in every aspect of her life as she portrays herself on these boards, then IMHO she must be a sorry excuse for a human being. OTOH, if she does have some more redeeming characteristics, I wonder why she chooses to share only the venom with us?

And I submit her vanity bump certainly lends credence to the narcissism characterization.

And I promise to reference goat felching in my next Pit thread.