Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

The First MI is almost 20 years old. Is it fair to call a movie a generation old dated? It almost has to be.

Hooooooly crap I think Terentii was talking about the original TV show.

And it was mentioned above that Cruise said he could hold his breath for six minutes. Granted he has little cranial material to begin with, but can a fifty year old man really hold his breath for 6 minutes?

I assumed** terentii **meant the TV show, which is now about 50 years old, but maybe not. Maybe he’s one of those young’ns that thinks 20 years ago was the deep past. :slight_smile:

Because the TV show has almost nothing in common with the movie franchise. It definitely isn’t an action fest, and you DO have to pay attention.

Hoooooooly crap

I’m dumb :smack:

I assumed he meant the first movie since it was pretty infamous for having a complicated plot.

Shh.

I yelled it, too. Through a megaphone.

This is what annoys me about Mission Impossible series, the first one barely used any weapons at all and was intelligent in how they got around that and still made the film exciting. It seems that with each subsequent M:I film, they’ve had to ratchet up the action to compensate for lack of good plot or writing.

Plus Tom Cruise condones Human rights abuses within his religion. It’s very hard for me to separate that from his film star persona, which has persuaded alot of people that he’s a good guy, he is not, which impacts on this film.

By complicated I assume you mean ‘Intelligent’ They used one gun in Mission Impossible 1 and that was to stage a murder, and it was just as exciting as this film tries to be.

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. Ilsa was great, I’m sure she’ll only be in this movie like the other women who have come and gone, but I really liked her and hope to see the actress in other roles.

I remember liking Ghost Protocol more, but I also don’t remember anything about the plot, other than the IMF being under threat of being shut down or there being a mole, but I think that’s happened in all of the movies. And Tom Cruise climbed on the outside of the skyscraper in the UAE.

I enjoyed it thoroughly too, but the movies seems to polarize opinions. Very rarely does one hear “It was OK” - one either truly enjoyed it or loathed it.

For what it’s worth “Complicated” doesn’t mean “bad” necessarily. I like the first MI but the plot is tough to follow.

It was about a missile being launched to destroy a city. It bounced off a building, which is referenced in this movie.

I think you’re forgetting one.

Remind us, I don’t remember what you are referring to.

I figured Ryan_Liam was referring to the gun used to bloodily stage Jon Voight’s shooting on the bridge in the first half-hour – in which case he’s forgetting the gun that got used to shoot Emmanuelle Béart on the train in the last half-hour.

Was I the only one wondering where all those bullets were going when Lane was unloading at Ethan from inside the bullet proof glass box? He was firing into it from about 5 inches away.

No.

Frangible bullets? :smiley:

He’d be getting blowback, and wadding, if not the actual slug. And there isn’t any bulletproof glass anywhere that will take point blank shots and not even leave a mark.

Except for transparent Aluminum.