Billy Butler
Mark Canha
Brett Lawrie
Josh Phegley
Marcus Semien
Tyler Ladendorf

Who are these guys?

And yet, they scored 10 runs tonight.

Five home runs in the first three games, four of them consecutive. I’d say Gonzales is seeing the ball just fine right now.

The Dodgers’ game was fun to watch last night. I was really cheering for Puig to get on base in the 8th just so Adrian could get a shot at a 5/5 night with 4 HRs and 5 RBIs.

I dropped cable this year and signed up for MLB.tv, holy crap it’s awesome to get to watch Dodgers baseball with Vin calling the game. Only downside to my start of the season is that I’m scheduled to work during the Rockies home opener where mid 60s and sunny is predicted.

My Braves are 3-0. Project that over the whole year.

Who is this Craig Kimbrel of whom you speak?

Seriously, I wish Kimbrel well in San Diego, but it is oh so nice to be rid of BJ/Melvin Upton and his crippling salary. I can live with the deal if it means a stronger farm system and the salary room for free agent signings as needed. (As long as we choose better free agents than Upton and Uggla. Maybe we should avoid free agents whose names start with ‘U.’)

If the Braves surprise us and perform well this year with “small ball,” all the better!

Maybe, just maybe, Puig will settle down a bit with Rollins ahead of him and Gonzalez behind him. He seems to be trying too hard to win the game all by himself sometimes. If A-Gon keeps up the production, Puig will start thinking of getting on base, not hitting it out.

But yes, it certainly was a fun one to watch.

If you don’t mind my asking, what does the MLB.tv run you?

I believe it’s $130 per season, automatically renewing every year unless you stop them. Although why someone would want to cut off their lifeline is beyond me.

I stopped it this year. I realized I wasn’t watching it nearly as much as I thought I was going to. In addition, being a “cord cutter” (so to speak - I still have Comcast for internet), I got Sling TV, which has ESPN games, so I’m set a good portion of the time.

Good God, Phegley and Semien are White Sox rejects. I’ll be shocked if they stay productive for very long.

Rejects?

Semien and Phegley were big pieces included in the Samardzija deal.

Is every person traded away a “reject” of that team :wink:

I’ve been a subscriber for five or six years now.

One problem for me, as a university instructor, is that i often don’t have quite as much time to watch games in April and early May, because it’s the end of the Spring semester and also the end of the academic year, which keeps me busy on a variety of fronts.

This has worked out quite well for me over the past couple of years, because by mid-May, MLB starts sending out special offers to get people to sign up. Each of the last two years, i’ve saved 50% by re-upping in mid-May, meaning that i get three-quarters of a season for half of the regular price, and the quarter-season that i miss is at a time when i probably couldn’t watch very many games anyway.

I know I’m about to jinx my own team, but the Indians have a combined no-hitter going through eight innings against the Astros. Nevermind that they’ve walked seven batters.

Let’s go Tribe!

19 innings into the season for the Twins and they have been outscored 17-0.

Maybe I really don’t need to watch baseball this year.

Yep, you totally jinxed them ;). Lost the shutout too.

Sonofabitch!

Whatever, so long as we get the win. That’s what I’ll keep telling myself. sniff

Well Wins are the one thing counted in the standings and you did get that :D.

Hey, we won the first series of the year against an improved Astros team, and we pitched well all three games. I’m not complaining…much.

Besides, as Tribe radio broadcaster Tom Hamilton said when the inning started, how much pressure must there have been on Nick Hagadone to be asked to come in in the 9th inning to try to preserve a no-hitter? I guess the answer is “too much.”

Wellllllll . . . to some degree, yeah, unless it’s a money issue. Phegley I think pretty clearly WAS a reject–the White Sox desperately need a better catcher than Tyler Flowers, and they made a conscious decision that Phegley was never going to be that catcher. Semien is more ambiguous; the Sox decided they had better 2B prospects in Micah Johnson and Carlos Sanchez, but they’re pretty high on those guys so that isn’t necessarily a knock on Semien.

It was 120 with the at bat app for free. Honestly I haven’t used the regular service yet but I’ve watched two games on my phone at work.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.