MLB September 2026

The AL East, top to bottom, is the best division in baseball. They will have a team in the AL Championship Series.

I’ll take the Nationals’ 77-85 record any day of the week; many predicted a 100 loss season. If they’d had anything resembling a major league bullpen they would have almost certainly finished over .500.

OK, so for the Wild Card round I’m rooting for the Sox, the Sox, the Phillies and the Cubs. The Sox support is both institutional (Damn Yankees!) and vehement (Fuck Houston!) I’ll root for the Phils because I think the Dodgers can beat them easier than the Braves, and the Cubs because of PCA. At this point my ideals WS would be White Sox/Dodgers.

If the White Sox go to the Series this year and win it, I’m claiming Papal Interference!

ETA: Anybody mind moving on the Playoff Thread? I’ve started it here:

Since the possibility was raised upthread, I find myself charmed at the possibility of an all-Chicago Red Line series.

Postseason here we come.