mod v admin

Why, may I ask, is Tuba an Administrator, while DavidB, Euty, et al., are merely moderators? Is there some hierarchy here that I am unaware of?

No disrespect, of course, Tuba, just curious is all.

It’s done on an alphabeticable basis.

David is a fairly science-oriented fellow, that’s his mode, and he rates high in it, so he’s a mode-rater. Tuba takes care of (ministers to) Straight Dope publicity, so she’s an ad-minister. See how simple it is?

Because Cecil loves me best. :slight_smile:

No, not really.

Administrators (that’s yours truly, CKDextHavn, and LynnBodoni) have more responsibilities and more duties than moderators.

While each of us also moderate forums, administrators serve in an “oversight” capacity. So technically yes, there’s admins and mods underneath. (And Cecil and Ed over us all.)

I’ve been a part of the Straight Dope online since the day Cecil opened this pop stand, back on AOL. I’m not alone in my devotion. Most of the staff has been working in the Straight Dope vineyard since those early days. We dig Cecil and what he stands for and are happy foot soldiers in the war against Ignorance.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator
The Straight Dope

Is that all, different levels of supervisory power? I always assumed (for no real particular reason) that you, Dex, and Lynn were worked at or were somehow connected with the Chicago Reader (as well as Ed and Cecil, of course), and that’s why you got your board super-powers. Are you guys all volunteers like the moderators?

We’re all volunteers, we’re doing it for the glory, for the honor . . . wait, why ARE we doing it?
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator
The Straight Dope
“It’s still the same old story, a fight for love and glory . . .”

That’s pretty much my reason in a nutshell.

Change Your Password, Please and don’t use HTML, as it has been disabled, but you can learn about superscripts here

You guys put up with this shit out of the goodness of your heart? My esteem for you all just went up a few notches.

It’s not how you pick your nose, it’s where you put the boogers

Plus, administrators get the better quality drugs. We moderators just get the generics.

Saint Eutychus H.M.S.H.
" ‘He is a prince’ , the minstrels sing.
Among men, yes. Among fools he is a king."

Disney Shorts
The Eutychus Papers

so, mods get cheap meds?

and the stars o’erhead were dancing heel to toe

For all the crap they have to put up with, they should get FREE meds.