Modified menu for Covid Thanksgiving

There are interesting side effects to the Covid situation, one of those being some nontraditional Thanksgiving adaptations. My wife and I are used to the traditional dinner, but we modified the menu to suit just the two of us.

We had: Orange sauce basted roasted Cornish game hens with onion and celery stuffing, butter neck squash and roasted Brussels sprout salad, apple cranberry pecan sausage muffins, cranberry sauce, and crescent rolls. All that and pecan pie and sparkling wine to top it all off. My wife performed wizardly, while I did the mundane chores to help a bit.

So what adaptations to your Thanksgiving dinner can you share?

My mom, who has an oddly difficult time making adjustments to recipes (because she’d prefer to follow the directions), made her normal 15-20# turkey…for 3 people.
She practically begged me to come over, but I declined. Mostly because I just wanted the day to myself. Just about me entire family works together, so I’m around them every day, so covid fears didn’t really come in to play. I’m quite certain I’m going to get a bunch of leftovers when I see her tomorrow. She already gave me about a dozen HUGE sugar cookies she made. My sister found it amusing that, again with just 3 people planning to be at their house, my mom still made 50+ cookies.

But, as for adaptations, what she did is cooked her normal thanksgiving dinner. My aunt also cooked all the sides she normally brings over. But instead of bringing them over and eating at my parent’s house, she just dropped off a bunch of sides and took home a bunch of turkey.