Mojave Desert Airplane Graveyard

See it here.

I believe this could also be seen in the great Werner Herzog documentary Little Dieter Needs to Fly (1997), which later morphed into Rescue Dawn (2006).

The Gimli Glider is out there somewhere.
Have fun exploring the Google maps view of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tuscon, Arizona, the military version of Mojave.

I’ve heard about this. I don’t know if this is the case since 9/11, but historically the airplane graveyard has been where they parked planes to wait out recessions and other things that adversely affect the airline industry.

Arçelik - They make washing machines in Turkey. (the ç is actually pronounced as ch which spoils the effect but seeing the posters about getting really clean underwear is schoolboy giggles good fun!)

I have no idea how my previous post ended up in this thread. Can someone report the post to a mod please.

Other US airliner graveyards are the old George AFB in Victorville, CA and the airport at Marana, AZ.

With fuel prices headed back up & technology marching along, it’s a good bet almost all the airplanes which airlines parked “temporarily” are gone for good. Some may resurrect into 3rd world cargo haulers, but not many.