Molson XXX: Is it sold in the US?

OP says it all. I saw some one time, but it doesn’t seem to have quite the following of some other beers, and there could be some legal issues over the alcohol content. Just curious if I have to go to Canada to get some.

Don’t believe I’ve seen it in PA, but then again, I never saw Molson Brador in PA. I used to pick that up in Broome County NY, near Binghamton. (mid '80s)

I am quite certain that I’ve seen it in several distributors around Scranton. I believe it runs ~$30, while a case of Molson Golden, for example, runs around $25 or so. A case of Bud 12 oz. NR bottles, by comparison, comes in at around $20.

We got it here in Ohio several months ago. I like it. It’s 6.99 a six pack and 13.99 a twelve, 7.3% alcohol, and tastes like a strong cheaply made verion of Bass IMO.

I did say cheaply made.

It’s unique % alcohol by content (they’re 11.5 oz. bootles BTW) makes it fun to ambush people with. If you usually have three beers and feel fine, three will surprise you as you contemplate a fourth.

This is not a boutique beer, it’s for getting drunk with. It does a good job at that, so I’ll forgive it it’s faults in the flavor department.

Wow. I thought Labatts was the only company doing the half-ounce/bottle cheat.

Yup, I saw it in a gas station mini-mart this past weekend.

I was at a party in June in Central PA and my friend had it there. He said he bought it locally. I haven’t bothered to look for it down this far, 'cause I am not allowed to drink anymore, so I don’t know if you can get it this far south.

Well, according to Molson, the following are available in the US:

What Molson products are available in the USA?

Molson currently has several brands available over the border: Molson Ice, Molson Golden, Molson Canadian, Molson Canadian Light and Molson Export. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact our customer service group at Molson USA at 1-877-MOLSON 1.

I was recently at a bar were they had a really ugly Molson XXX mirror.

So I will say probably.

We can get it here. You can duplicate it by mixing barley water, club soda, and Everclear.

It’s good if you just want to get hammered, but if you want a beer try something else.

I bought a case for $25 last Saturday. I’ve never seen it before. The 7.3% alcohol caught my eye. My wife and I hosted a party on Sunday and the guys loved it.

Oh by the way, I’m in New Jersey.