Monterey Meeting Parte Dos...

Hey all you No. Cal dopers. I’m writing to try to finalize things for the Monterey get together on the 19th of February.

So far, the 411 is:

El Toritos on Cannery Row in Monterey, at 12 noon on the 19th of February.

Also, some dopers like Democritus, and Sassy, plan to stay the entire weekend. In the chatroom, Sassy and a few of us mentioned that it would be nice to go to the Aquarium on Sunday, after everyone has recovered from the drunken orgy the day before. If we dont stay at the aquarium too long, we could go scare the tourists on the row too, if you all so please ;).

So, what I would like to know is, what do you all who plan to stay the entire weekend (or even think they might make it) think? Also, it would be nice to get those who plan to go to mention it here and say you are coming.

It’s worth the risk of burning, to have a second chance…

Doob… I will be there Sat only. I have something going on late Sat night so I have to be back in San Jose. A girl has to work ya know :wink:

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Im waiting till Feb, then I put up the map, hotel info, etc.

If you are handicapped or appear to be, you can get in the Aquarium for 6 bucks now I believe.

<screwing on false wooden leg> Six bucks! WooHoo!

I think I’ll be there the whole weekend. I’m not sure what time I’ll be up on Sunday though :wink:

Dem – Being hungover is not generally viewed as a handicap! :wink:

I’ll be there as far as I know, but just for the day.

“You’ll find the chap stick right next to the public toothbrush on a string.” – Miss Gretchen

Highlander and I plan to come up to Monterey that weekend and bring the kids. I’ll meet y’all at Torito’s, don’t know if he will since we don’t plan to inflict the kids on all of you (you’re very welcome! ;)). We’ve already got our tickets for the aquarium (discount through my work), and we need to find a reasonably priced, decent hotel/motel where we can get two connecting rooms.

It’s a holiday weekend, so we ought to speak for rooms soon or we’ll be out of luck. I’m really looking forward to this! (And remember, the Southern California get together is the following weekend, for those of you who want to mosey on down this way!)

-Melin

Handy-
I would prefer to make my room bookings as soon as possible - can you send me the info on the motel you are recommnending?

Also, what’s the price for those of us who will not be masquerading as handicapped? I dont mind paying - the aquarium is a treat!

I am a redhead, you see, and I do not tempt. I insist. -Cristi

Is anyone driving down from the city (or BART suburb) and staying the whole weekend?

Sassy, the aquarium is $15.95 for adults, and $12.95 (I think) for seniors and students with an i.d. card.

-Melin

Woo hoo! I get in for $12.95! Heh, I agree with the previous posters, it would be good to get hotel info ASAP. Even though it’s still a months away, people do need to plan things out.

You are going to the Aquarium too? sigh I love that place. Well, I’ll sit and be content with looking at my pics of the jelly fish while you are touring. When you see them, wave at me :wink:

We are, each of us angels with only one wing,and we can only fly by embracing one another

Come to Monterey Sue!!!

<chants>

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Doob, bookmark this message subject so you can bring it up later, instead of begining a new one. Now we got two of them, but we can let this one be the one we use.

Here is that hotel:
Beachcomber Inn & Restaurant
(831) 373-4769
1996 Sunset Dr, Pacific Grove, CA 93950
$49.95 one or two people right now but their rates change. When you call the Beachcomber tell them you saw them at pacificgrove.com They probably won’t have a clue, but thats usual for PG.

Hotel listings in PG: http://www.pacificgrove.com/clients/lodging.html

Monterey Bay Aquarium is: http://www.mbayaq.org/

ignore that perfect ocean wave they have at the top, that is NOT from this area :slight_smile:

Mr. Goodwrench and I will be there Sat. and Sun., but I’m not sure how late we can stay on Sunday. If there’s time, I’d love to go to the aquarium, too.

See y’inz at El Torito’s at noon on the 19th.

P.S. Shayna, please try to make it!

StoryTyler
“Not everybody does it, but everybody should.”
I Spy Ty.

Oh yeah, Melin? Since I assume we’ll be drinking margaritas, make sure you bring the butter knife. < snork! >

StoryTyler
“Not everybody does it, but everybody should.”
I Spy Ty.

Nonononono!!! Let’s go to the aquarium on Saturday! I want to go and I don’t think my plans include spending the night.

If enough people go, I bet we/you can get a group discount.

~Kyla

“Anger is what makes America great.”

ruadh, I am driving down and taking mom’s minivan to haul anyone interested down there. I am leaving from Santa Rosa early, probably around 7 or 8 in the morning and am more than happy to stop anywhere in between to pick up Dopers who need a ride. Also, i am staying the night and plan on heading back around 5 or 6 Sunday evening.

“It is now proved beyond doubt that smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.”

Well, my mother and I started a civil conversation this morning about this. Before it turned into a yelling match about some other topic, it sounded like I’d be allowed and able to make it, so count me in for Saturday.
-Lanna

Handy: Too late now, besides, i think this thread makes it easier to wade through the banter from the other thread. I think this one is good for putting up info about things like the hotel, aquarium, and ride info too. Anyway, forgive oh master of sign :wink: (kidding :))

Sounds like fun…I’m putting this in my schedule. I can only come for the day, though—I’ve got kids and a grumpy old man at home.

I may not make it, though, if it’s raining hard that morning. I hate driving alone in the rain.

How will I know you all?

-See you there ! Katy