Monthly photo competition #2 - Jan 2023 - "Skies"

Storm coming

God of Thunder
Imgur

Fireworks, iPhone SE, no processing. On google photos, so you need to click on the photo to see the full image. Actually, I think the best bit about the photo is the weird way the sky illuminates a line of poplar trees, which have annoyingly been cropped, so you need to click on the photo to see them.

Google Photos

j

Imgur

San Simeon Creek and beach at sunset.

Late summer cloud puff bursting into view. They were surreal like, appearing low and sliding east.

N bound afternoon commute home.

And we’re closed. Thanks everyone. Any pics submitted below this post won’t count.

Polls will be up ASAP - might be tomorrow before I get a chance.

Please vote for your three favourite photos, using whatever criteria you feel is best. All Dopers are welcome to vote - you don’t need to have submitted a photo. You cannot vote for your own photo.

Important note: it seems you can’t have a poll in Discourse with more than 20 options. So to accommodate all the entries, I’ve had to split them into two polls. You still only get three votes, across both polls. Think of it as one big poll - you can pick any three from across both lists. There’s nothing technically stopping you voting three times in each poll, but please don’t do that. You get three votes period.

The voting deadline is 9pm GMT on Sat 28th January 2023 (I’ve pushed this back a day from the date given at the top of the thread because I didn’t get around to making the poll until today).

• dolphinboy
  • kayaker
  • gnarator
  • romansperson
  • Zyada
  • blondebear
  • Sam_Stone
  • beowulff
  • Pardel-Lux
  • Mean_Mr.Mustard
  • Telemark
  • zimaane
  • Scougs
  • Galactus
  • WildaBeast
  • Banquet_Bear
  • Twoflower
  • solost
  • Turek
  • Kelevra

0 voters

• aurora_maire
  • Treppenwitz
  • snowthx
  • chela

0 voters

…and voting is closed. Thanks everyone. I’ll tally up and post the winner(s) later.

And we have a winner! Congratulations to @beowulff who gets to pick the next topic.

Thanks to everyone who entered - another fantastic crop of pictures.