Monthly Photo Competition #5 - April 2023 - “Transportation”

The best part of Vegas is the leaving.

The Rainbow Bridge, a 104 year old concrete arch bridge and something of a local landmark.

Imgur

Abandoned tyre, 2022.

From our Chicago vacation last summer - the Bootmobile.

Google Photos

A couple weeks ago I had insomnia one night and was awake at sunrise. I was making coffee when I saw out the window that my Japanese Maple tree was glowing. I went out to take some pictures and my neighbor’s truck was right there. So, here’s Red Maple, Black Truck. It’s nothing special but I wanted to play. :grinning:
Imgur

Shooting to the brief again but it was extra hard this time since I’m not at home and didn’t have much time. Best I could do is this view of Thames River traffic taken from the Tower Bridge (the warship, HMS Belfast, doesn’t move though - that’s a floating museum now).

Imgur

New York taxis, taken from the top of the Empire State Building in 1996.

Imgur

…and that’s it. The competition is closed, and posts after this one won’t be eligible. Thanks everyone, I’ll post a poll in this thread shortly.

Please vote for your three favourite photos, using whatever criteria you feel is best. All Dopers are welcome to vote - you don’t need to have submitted a photo. You cannot vote for your own photo. You get three votes (and the poll will make you use all of them).

The voting deadline is 9pm UK time on Friday 28th April.

• Crane
  • Chefguy
  • Biggirl
  • Jaycat.again
  • zimaane
  • beowulff
  • Zyada
  • Pardel-Lux
  • Turek
  • NinthAcolyte
  • Telemark
  • Fiendish_Astronaut