Monthly Photo Competition #5 - April 2023 - “Transportation”

This is the monthly thread for April 2023. The topic this month is “Transportation”, chosen by @Turek

Please note:

1. The general rules for the competition are here .

2. One entry per person per month. To make the photos easier to review (and to make the voting poll easier to compile) please only post once to this thread, with your entry. Your post can include a caption with whatever info you want to give.

3. Please keep all discussion in the rolling discussion thread .

4. Once the submission deadline has passed, I’ll put a voting poll in this thread.

Dates:

Submission deadline: 9pm UK time on Monday 24th April

Voting deadline: 9pm UK time on Friday 28th April

Good luck!

‘When I was one and twenty and courting in my prime’

(35mm on tripod with wind up timer screwed into cable socket)

How do you get rid of that line across the top? A 1939 Pierce Arrow.

Should have mentioned that I took that photo at a car show at the Portland Art Museum.

Imgur

Black cat on hood of rusted-out yellow jeep, Bolton-Est, Quebec.

cat on hood by j_person

Two modes of transportation that don’t normally go together - motorcycles and canoes:

Imgur

Volta River, crossing from Burkina Faso to Ghana

Ghost ship.
View full size for best appearance.
Imgur

I didn’t realize I had this one digitally

Imgur

Japan, some time ago. It is hot. A fan is mounted for the passengers. I find the shoes with big toes superb.

Icelandic Ghost Ship

Imgur

At the drive-in movie a few years ago, back in California.

Navigating the back streets of Napoli. (Google photos, please click through)

Google Photos

Riding in the back of a truck in Santa Clara in Cuba I saw this van following us and zoomed right in as the sun had lit the occupants really nicely:

I was driving around rural Michigan, looking for interesting photo opportunities. I drove by an old barn that looked interesting, so I u-turned and asked the two guys standing there if one of them was the owner and could I take a few photos of his barn. He said “knock yourself out.” I found this tractor hidden behind the barn.

Imgur

The view from my favorite cafe: It’s google photos - click for the full image.

Google Photos

j

Sweet Joe

Imgur

Imgur

Tough to choose, but I think I’ll go with this one … US101 bridge over the Columbia River at Astoria, OR, with the remains of old piers below.

Early morning at Carhenge, Alliance NE