Monty Python & the Holy Grail is back in theaters this coming week

The Mrs. and I will be going this coming Wednesday. We saw it together when it was first released, waaaay back when. It’s in our regular rotation of films to be re-seen but we’ve not seen it in the theaters with other fans since that first time, so it ought to be fun as all get-out.

‘On second thought, let’s not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.’

We saw this at a midnight showing when it was first released. The theater handed out cocoanuts to all patrons. How dangerous was that!

I love this movie.

I’m sure glad there’s an intermission.

Almost as dangerous as handing out some duck soup?

“Bring out ya dead!” Ding Bring out ya dead! Ding

“…but I ain’t dead! I feel fine!” Thump

:rofl:

Well, I went to the show wearing my Tim the Enchanter hat, and had a ton of fun. There were only about 30 or so of us in the theater (it was a Wednesday night in a town of 50K) but we were all fans of the movie, so it was great to laugh and hoot and have a good time together.

I did get asked to pose for pics with a few of the other theatergoers due to my Tim hat, and that was fun. I also really liked seeing it on the big screen, and I noted far, far more background details (facial expressions of various characters, details in scenes etc. that I don’t note on the small screen). NONE of the others there that I discussed it with had noticed that there was one actual horse in the movie, the one ridden by the rider who slew the historian. I’d only picked up on that last year, thanks to an online hint.

I saw the film when it was first released. It was showing at the Exeter Street theater in Boston (a block from the Library. Sadly no longer a theater. Nor a bookstore, which it was for a time). To publicize it, they had a parade of guys dressed up in chain mail walking down the sidewalks in Back Bay, pulling a wooden “Trojan Rabbit”. I saw a similar parade on the sidewalks on Manhattan the same month. I assume they did the same in other cities.

The film as I have it on DVD has a few scenes NOT in the original release (some in Castle Anthrax).

I love the DVD. By using the “close caption” feature I could finally learn the words to the “Camelot” song. Also, it has a version of the Camelot song performed with animated Lego figures.