Moon Knight - Top 10 Reasons Why It Sucked

I just got around to watching it. I will say I knew nothing of the character before watching. If it was an original, stand alone show it would have sucked less, but:

1. Moon Knight was barely in it. I didn’t do the math, but the percentage of screen time was low.
  2. Moon Knight kind of sucked as a hero. Let’s face it, Layla was better.
  3. The best action happened during blackouts so we didn’t see it. Cheap TV.
  4. Oscar Isaac was not good. YMMV.
  5. Ethan Hawke was really the main character and shouldn’t have been.
  6. Too much psychobabble.
  7. Where and why is this in the Marvel MCU?
  8. The CGI was Buffy-level.
  9. The other avatars were… not good.
  10. Too much exposition with the scarab. Wasn’t even necessary.

Moved from Game Room to The Café.

Prior Thread on show:

I disliked it so much i didn’t even bother to think about why i didn’t like it. I’ll just sign on to your list, it seems reasonable enough.

I do think it was the worst of the live action MCU shows on Disney+.

To answer #7, Moon Knight is a Marvel Comics property. That is all.

I feel like the plot holes should be in the top 10, like the trial scene didn’t make any sense or how one of the major turning points could’ve been avoided with an iPad app that even my mom knows about.

Totally fair.

I quit after episode five, largely because I was uninterested in resolving the multiple personalities. Essentially, there was a mystery there, and I didn’t care about it.

Me too, though I watched the whole thing because the set-up was intriguing and I kept hoping they’d pay it off in an interesting way. Not so much. Easily the worst of the MCU series I’ve watched.

Same here. The only reason i kept on was because my 13 year old son loves everything Marvel. He wouldn’t let me quit.

I won’t argue with your list - the show simply wasn’t at ALL memorable to me, so I remember almost nothing about it beyond that I just didn’t care about anyone in it.

I didn’t even realize it was the same actor as Poe but now that I know, I didn’t like him in Star Wars either. Always has a look like he smelled something bad.

Poe Dameron is my favorite Star Wars character ever. Obi-Wan Kenobi was my favorite before Poe usurped it. His conversation with Kylo Ren early in Episode VII was my favorite part of that film, and in the opening of the next movie he trolls General Hux for what I thought was the funniest Star Wars moment ever. I also loved his constant enthusiasm and his devotion to the Resistance.

And so I went into Moon Knight with a lot of interest. I am also pretty familiar with the character from the comics. I thought the show was flawed, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe being a fan of Isaac and having a lot of familiarity with the character and the show’s background helped a lot.