Moon Landing

I personally saw Apollo XVII take off. Even those who think the first one was a hoax would have a hard time explaining why we spent all that money hurling all that hardware into space seven times.

And why would we fake the failure of Apollo XIII?

Ah, that shows just how brilliant the cunning hoax was! Who indeed would suspect them after this masterful head-fake?

Are you kidding? Everyone knows that the moon set caught on fire and couldn’t be repaired in time - plus ratings were down. It was the NASA equivalent of a Very Special Blossom episode.

Couldn’t agree more.

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

Anybody want to talk about Buzz giving himself holy communion on the Moon?

Heck, if we were faking it, why bring them back at all? Why do just a special? Why not leave them up there and do a series about how we’re conquering space? I’d bet it’d still be on, and they wouldn’t have made it a series about how 40 years later, we’re ramping up a new moon program, finally.

Wow, conspiracy theorists lack imagination, or the conspirators need better writers.

“That just shows how devious they are.”

Of course not. Do not be intimidated by these pseudo-intellectuals. The truth.

:wink:

Kubrick came down with the flu and couldn’t show up at the set that week.

That’s a polite way of saying “tripping and falling backward onto its ass.” What are you getting at here?

Actually, yes, the USA went to the moon. That is, the whole country did, including a fair amount of national waters and all the dirt beneath it all for about 2900 miles. Every other country followed suit, reassembling themselves at their destination. That which we call “the moon” now is actually the leftover core of what was once called earth.

They did this while you were asleep.

I’m going to have to say no…it’s pretty self evident that the US in fact did NOT land on the moon, since it’s still right here on Earth. To be sure, it could have landed on the moon then come back…the problem with this theory though is that there is no evidence that the US ever left the earth. At a guess it would be way to heavy to lift even with convention means, and the re-entry and landing would have been…well, very energetic to say the least (the US being bigger than, say, the big rock that made the dinosaurs extinct).

From a purely anecdotal perspective I was actually 9 years old when this event would have happened, and I can assure you that I was living in part of the US at the time…and I certainly didn’t go to the moon, curse the luck.

When it comes down to it, all the US ever did was send up a couple of rockets full of astronauts and bring some rocks back. I know…hardly worth mentioning on the scales of sending up the whole nation, but there you have it.

-XT

Man, we didn’t land on the moon. The moon landed on US!

I already said you were asleep at the time. Weren’t you listening?

And don’t bring in any namby-pamby details like it peing physically impossible - I’m sure I have some photo around here with shadows in it that proves I must be right.

I never sleep…

Peeing on the moon IS physically impossible…unless you are in a space suit. Just saying…

-XT

I’m so sick of this conspiracy shit.

Everyone in my office thinks I’m gullible for taking the moon landings, 9/11, Kennedy assassination, whatever at face value (because I have no reason not to).

And their whole reasoning is “We don’t know what happens behind closed doors. There are some powerful people in the world. Therefore let’s assume a conspiracy”. :rolleyes:

Or, to put it better…just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t out to get you.

-XT

Soon we’ll have definitive proof that still won’t convince the conspiracy theorists:

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, launching in April 2009, will have a camera capable of imaging the leftover stuff still on the moon. Should be able to see the LEM descent stages and rovers quite well.

I can’t wait - my grandfather cut some of the LEMs’ metal parts at Grumman, and I’d like to check his workmanship.

It’s way too stupid to be real, but not quite funny enough to be a joke.

Ask them to prove that they aren’t having sex with their dogs. Nobody knows what happens behind closed doors, after all…

I like what Dave Barry said about government conspiracies. This is about the “the government is covering up evidence of a UFO crash” one, but with a very few minor modifications it works for the Moon landing too: