Moral Outrage Dept: Why was this thread locked? I protest!

…and as for the other moderators being “prejudiced” by anything Arnold might have said, well, shoot, that’s just hilarious. I immediately picture a sort of mod slumber party, with the mods gathered around a plate of brownies up in Arnold’s room, whispering.

“Yeah, that Righteous, let’s get 'im!”
“Yeah, let’s lock all his threads and not tell him why!”
“Let’s go downstairs and make some Ex-Lax brownies and give them to Bruce!”
“Yeah!”

Or maybe a staff meeting, in the marbled halls of the Straight Dope.
“Now then, new business. What shall we do about this new poster in town–this Righteous?” says Administrator Ed Zotti, sipping his Kona exclusive blend from his Straight Dope coffee mug.
Arnold Winkelried clears his throat. “Well, sir, it’s my considered opinion that…” and in a few well-chosen phrases he delivers his evaluation of the poster known as Righteous.
“And what would you recommend?” inquires the admin, in his steely voice.
“Well, sir,” replies Arnold, shuffling his paperwork nervously, “I recommend–lockdown.”
The other moderators exchange glances. Vinny the Legbreaker’s Girl Cousin speaks up.
“Don’t you think that’s a little extreme, for a first offense?”
“Well, no,” Arnold says, and goes on to explain why he believes the Ultimate Sanction should be taken against this particular poster. One by one the other mods begin to nod their heads. When he falls silent, Godzilla 2000 speaks.
“There is much wisdom in this. I believe I speak for the others–” he glances quickly around the table–“when I say that we all agree. Lockdown for Righteous it is.”
There is a murmur of assent.
“Meeting adjourned,” says Zotti, rising from his seat and heading for his private helipad. “See you all Monday.”

Ahem…my, what a fascinating keyboard malfunction you’ve got going there.

Not to mention that one needs the shift key to type “” and ().

Geez, that’d really do wonders for the anti-moderator crazies here.

Arnold:

Slightly Paranoid New Poster:

MEBuckner, 2nd Law, I think you have unmasked our beloved Righteous!!!

The man HAS a shift key! HE LIES!!!

He lies, ergo he is no true Christian (isn’t that in the decalogue?). He’s no Christian, ergo he is a t****!!! (I dare not say that word here…)!

He is a t****, ergo he is a … uh… I kinda lost my train of logic there…

Wait! Actually, maybe not…

Righteous DID say that his key only stuck sometimes, and maybe he is trying to avoid capitals on purpose, but did the capitals in that post by reflex… hmmm…

Righteous, I jumped the gun, and humbly appologize! I look forward to your next post!

Righteous – when you go to get your keyboard fixed this weekend, do me a favor and pick up a box of commas at the same time. Proper punctuation and capitalization isn’t likely to help make your posts more sensible, but it will help make your nonsense easier to read.

Donna Reed? Thank you (I think).

Just wait till Arnold 2.0 comes out. I’m planning on turning into the Courtney Love of the SDMB. That should put the fear of God into the rebellious posters.

for Duck Duck Goose