Moral Outrage Dept: Why was this thread locked? I protest!

Shouldn’t that be “a changed-back man?”

I’ve read Brother Arnold’s post several times looking for where he called you a liar. Care to share Brother R?

Folks, he’s from Colorado. I say we get TC to pay him a little visit.

Why was my first thread here locked? I didn’t even get to respond to it.
Oh, I see now. I’m suspected as a troll. Just as well then. Carry on. Chocolates to all mods. Is that rain? Bo de oh do…

Yeah, sure Bruce. But apparently you aren’t intelligent enough to find the “shift” key, mmmmm?

Righteous, Arnold did not call you a liar; he merely said he’s not totally convinced your projected persona is an accurate reflection your true self. I do not believe that equates with calling you a liar.

And, if you can indeed discern right from wrong in all situations, you may have my recommendation to the Nobel committee. For instance, are Abraham’s and Sarah’s actions as described in Genesis 16, right or wrong?

My thinking was similar to Lemur’s; this guy can’t be for real. There’s got to be thousands of better targets out there on the net for this dork to shoot at than SDMB. And that whole “Mr. Winkelried” song and dance is almost a bit too contrived-sounding.

Bruce and Righteous don’t fit together, somehow. Call it intuition:D.

Er, no mod suspected you of being a troll (to my knowledge) and that wasn’t why the thread was locked. The thread was locked because an innocent “hi” thread got hijacked into a troll free-for-all. When the trolls start proliferating in a thread, sometimes we have to lock the thread to end the infection. Your thread was an unfortunate casualty of this. Sorry 'bout that.

Mr. Righteous

I believe you. I believe you believe you have been offended and/or insulted by Mr. Winkelried. If this is true, you really should develope a much thicker skin. Believe me when I tell you, you will be insulted far more here in The Pit (or the barbeque forum, as you call it).

Personal insults will fly in here thick and fast. Especially when you claim to know what is in the mind of God. And, if you wander into Great Debates, be prepared to defend your beliefs against all comers. The rest Teeming Millions will not be easy on you.

Good luck. Your gonna need it.

Um…I have just one thing to say:
Penis. Penis! PenisPenisPenisPenis PENIS!!!
PENIS.
hehehehe…

Oh, that’s his mother.

You left out Mr. Duck Duck Goose. :slight_smile:

Um, no. (As Gaudere so nicely explained.) But since you obviously have no chocolate (no single malt either), are you? Just wondering.

your humble TubaDiva

Hmm. I’ve read many of the threads and it is my opinion that the guy is a fake. He’s being purposefully dense and dogmatic to get a rise out of us.

But it IS so much fun to make fun of him anyway, isn’t it?

Guinastasia

that’s not good enough! I want lurid descriptions of the aforementioned members! Using the words, pulsating, love prong and LARGE. Feel free to expand on the theme :). Pictures would be a bonus.

Brucie, note how the skilful use of the shift key makes my post seem both more readable and intelligent? Just an idea.

Every time I try, she says, “No, just keep wiggling it right there.” … “Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhh.”

i will attempt to defend myself again because i don’t like being called a liar. yes i am a real person and not someone pretending. why would i pretend? believe me i would have better things to do with my time.

as far as the shift key i epxlained that in the other thread in about this message board (when i learn how to include one of those underlined connections called “links” i will start to do so) that i’m having keyboard problems. i apologize for the lowercase (several of my friends have complained about that) and i will try to fix my keyboard this week-end. i appreciate good writing and punctuation.

biggirl i know that there is a lot of insults in this forum and i didn’t choose to start this discussion but i wanted to defend myself.

unclebeer i see you moderators all defend each other. loyalty is a good thing but it can sometimes be misplaced. if one of your colleagues has done something wrong you should come out and say so. i could mention that mr. winkelried is not the only moderator who has made sarcastic comments but he was the first one and probably has prejudiced the other moderators against me. you can see that not everyone thinks i’m a liar (which is what mr. winkelried was implying regardless of what you say).

as far as genesis 16 - sara asked abraham to help fulfill the will of God by bearing children by her handmaiden. nowadays this behaviour might seem wrong but that’s the difference between the old testament and the new testament when Jesus brought a new covenant. then sara mistreats her handmaiden which is wrong but no one says that everyone in the bible behaved perfectly. and sara’s behaviour must not have been so bad since God tells the handmaiden Hagar to return to Abraham’s household.

drpepper doesn’t seem to like me calling the moderator “mr. winkleried”. of course with some of the nicknames here it would seem silly to put a mr. in front (i don’t expect people to call me mr. righteous) but when someone uses a real name i think it’s courteous to address them as mr. or mrs. unless they ask you otherwise. i think it makes the conversation seem more dignified and intelligent.

ps some of the people here are trying to be helpful and give me advice on how to get along on this message board and to those people i say thank you.

bruce

Actually, that’s not his name. Relatively few names on these boards which can concievably be real ones are the poster’s actual name.

“Righteous”, I think there’s a large element of starting off on the wrong foot here. Look, I don’t see anyone siding with you in your complaints of Arnold. There is a reason for that. Incidentally, I would imagine that the other mods would be the first to jump on moderator abuse. If nothing else, the mods care about the boards.

Quite possibly the best thing to do would be to let it go and just jump into discussion on other things. Continuing a vendetta can only end badly.

Bruce honey:

The main reason why everybody’s makin’ fun of you, boy, is NOT that you walked in here and started chewing the drapes about a moderator. Heck, folks do that all the time. Just look at some of the other threads here in the Pit.

No, it’s because of WHICH moderator you picked to complain about. Sweetie, around here, complaining that Arnold Winkelried is pickin’ on ya 'cause he locked your thread is like complaining that your mom is picking on you 'cause she made you clean your room. In other words, not likely to hold anybody’s attention or interest for very long, and extremely likely to generate hilarity on the part of any listeners. Compared to the other moderators, such as Godzilla 2000, or Vinny the Legbreaker’s Girl Cousin, or El Gran Supremo, or The Vile Dr. Cranko, Arnold is the Donna Reed of the Straight Dope Message Board (and I mean that in a nice way, okay?) He always has milk and cookies for us after school, he never raises his voice, and he doesn’t complain when we leave our dirty socks in the living room.

So.

Why don’t you go over to General Questions and see if you can help somebody out? You’d be amazed at the things people want to know, and you might be able to help us fight a little ignorance. Know anything about thermosyphon reboilers? Okay then. Go for it.

P.S. In my experience, it’s usually easier, faster, and cheaper just to throw a broken keyboard away and buy a new one.

Ooooh…Arnold-got any milk and oreos???

Wow. I never knew our mods were so easily swayed. Shame, really.

:rolleyes:

P.S. Bruce, your name isn’t really “Righteous”, is it? Just the same way, the moderator known as Arnold Winkelried isn’t really named “Arnold Winkelried”. The real “Arnold Winkelried” was a famous Swiss national hero who has been dead for a long time now.

Here at the Straight Dope Message Board, it’s usually safe to assume that hardly any of us are posting under our real names. For example, my name isn’t really Duck Duck Goose. TubaDiva’s name isn’t really Tuba. And so forth. Okay? It’s called a “user name”.