more good words...

I think it, and fava beans, won’t be on too many folks’ menus.
renee :slight_smile:

I think the homosexuals deserve a good bitch slapping. They robbed me of ‘gay’ and now it has come back to bite them on the ass. Good. Secondly, who would want a gay platoon commander or CEO? I would want cautious and thoughtful. If They only had the dignity to call themselves homosexuals they would be less abused. It would be like the jews calling themselves the Cheaps.

Another thoughtful and considered response from one of our newer haters.

yamo, “gay” only has a negative connotation because you choose it give it such. I have not seen sufficient command of the English language in your posts to believe that any word has been robbed from you.

As to having gay leaders: I have found that the ability of people to make good decisions while exercising authority is unaffected by their sexual orientation. I have had gay bosses, but the absolute worst bosses and CEOs I have encountered have been straight. “Thoughtful” comes from the brain, not the groin, so that is irrelevant. No one is more “cautious” than a homosexual who fears encountering your sort of mindless hatred.

Your gratuitous dig at Jews further confirms that your opinions tend to be without merit, I’m afraid.

Tom~

Tomndebb, I think that was an attempt at humor. He was robbed of the word gay because now he cannot use it to mean happy and lighthearted because others will think he said homosexual. And the reference to gay military leaders was again a play on words, meaning he didn’t want happy and lighthearted military leaders, but military leaders that were serious and dedicated to their job of killing people.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen other posts by yamo to lead you to think otherwise.

That said, the smartass tone didn’t carry over and at first read it sounded really bad. Also, the line about homosexuals should use a better word than gay and that earns them the disrespect is just wrong, and the remark about Jews was tasteless and overdone.