MortSahlFan: Come on down, you twat!

“Minorities” are not a monolith though. Bernie did pretty well with Latinos. He also did well with blacks under 30 years old.

And?

Your original comment was about Black people as a group, to which QuickSilver responded.

Now, you’re bringing Hispanics in and limiting to Black people under 30.

Maybe figure out where you want your goalposts to be first, eh?

Somehow this poster keeps managing to repeat Russian talking points.

Pretty sure this guy is a troll. In the linked thread he admits using fake political identities on other message platforms. It seems obvious to me that he’s running the same play he says he uses on Yahoo and I guess Reddit as well (talking about upvotes).

In that same thread he identified himself as a “left-winger”. That’s a big tell, as it’s not a very common self-descriptor among “left-wingers”.

The most reliable tell on crypto-conservatives such as this, IMO, is that they’re obsessed with monitoring the media for bias, but the only takeaway is that the media is sorely biased.

That doesn’t automatically make someone a conservative. However, if you’re using the same faulty obsessions that yield the same faulty thought processes, you’re eventually going to adopt all those faulty thoughts (if you haven’t already).

I have no idea what’s going on inside his odd little noggin, I just wish to point out this person claims to fake political positions on other sites, and he’s on this website doing what appears to be the same thing.

He’s been suspended for 2 weeks.

Author my arse. A trolling twat is what he is.

Sorry, can’t find that announcement. A little help?

Here you go

Oh. I guess we no longer have the temporary “SUSPENDED” tag.

I’m no great fan of MSF, but are we really suspending people for what they self report they do on other boards now?

I had nothing to do with this one, so I’ll let someone else answer it. I was just pointing to where the suspension was announced.

I will state this though, the decision was not based on just that post. That is usually the case with suspensions and bannings.

@kaylasdad99 The SUSPENDED title will probably come later.

OK, gotcha.

He reported that he has a habit, elsewhere, of falsely identifying his political affiliation to see how people would react to it. He reports that he spends a lot of time doing this because he’s paid to do so.

That alone doesn’t mean someone is currently trolling. But he made this declaration in a thread that he started by self-identifying as “I’m a left-winger” and then displaying some talking points and mental habits that are decidedly in conflict with that statement.

Conclusion: compulsive troll is compulsively trolling.

All true but he was not suspended for just that post. That was just the catalyst I guess you could say.

That was, if I recall correctly, part of the basis on which etv87 was finally put out of his misery.

On another web site, he claimed that Carrot Top was a lot funnier than Mort Sahl.

So, why hasn’t he been given the full heave-ho?

Then who would provide the SDMB with the awareness of Mort Sahl that is so critically needed in these parlous times?

Just pointing out that the post in question was a self-contained admission of current, past, and likely future trolling. To me that would merit an insta-ban, but I know there’s a process.

You’re not wrong, though he didn’t own up to Trolling here on the Dope. I think that’s a distinction taken into consideration.

Speaking as a poster, and from before I was a mod. I believe I already called him out for being an obvious troll.

Though I’ll admit as trolls go, his Cafe threads are often of some interest to me. I also actually know and knew who Mort Sahl was. I’m kind of geeky when it comes to older comedians.