MortSahlFan: Come on down, you twat!

Apologies if I am misinterpreting this statement, but Mort Sahl is still Mort Sahl, having turned 93 last May.

:slight_smile: Mort Sahl the celebrity has not been Mort Sahl for most of my life, but yes, he is still alive. But no need to apologize, my writing was far from clear on that part.

I wonder why he didn’t get an ATMB announcement like two other usual suspects did this morning…

TIL: parlous.

Thanks, kaylasdad99!

I thought it was a typo of the word perilous. Why do we even need two words for the same thing?

Oh you pleonastically tautological son of a whore, you!!!1!

Sometimes “perilous” doesn’t adequately convey the gravity of the situation.

You, sir, must have me confused with my brother, the barrister.

No Comment, just the link?

I honestly thought he had been banned at some point until I saw him pop up in another thread today.

No idea why.

Can’t be bothered. That’s his MO.

I would have thought that his belief that it was possible the US government faked the Apollo moon landings contained sufficient commentary on its own.

A lot of us don’t click on links unless the person posting them has given us a hint of what it is. Besides which, we need to know why you posted it, and what you think of it.

Look, you know better. We’ve had a history of drive-bys where (often conspiracy crazies) just drop a link to ObamasKenyanVacation, and that’s supposed to…what, pwn dose libs?

eta: I’d also like to point out that I’m a huge fan of mid-20th century comedians. But thanks to this thread, I’ve done some research, and I’m not a huge Mort Sahl fan…

But you don’t have to click on anything. The link shows a preview of Mort’s message and shows exactly what he said.

But it wasn’t enough, and “exactly what he said” was pretty much the opposite of what was revealed once you clicked and read the thread.

I mean, the preview of Mort’s message says “I don’t really have an opinion about faking the moon landing”… but not if you read his thread.

Me too.