Most common reason to be Pitted Appears to be Dishonesty?

There’s no way to prove/disprove this. General comments about mods are not allowed on this board. You can Pit mods for their posts as posters and you can bring a grievance for a specific action in ATMB. But there’s no place on the board allowed to give general impressions of mods. That’s one of the reasons that the snark forums went underground.

I’m good with the rule that hamstrings general comments on mods because it would get too distracting to see general comments about every mod for every complaint.

But it’s also not possible to make any general conclusions about how mods are seen because general comments about them are all not in public, except the positive comments.
\

If that’s the case, shouldn’t the liberal respond with “pardon me (handing over the Grey Poupon), here’s the response I expected to see here.”

Not go apeshit and start posting about them in another forum with the most disgusting insults they can imagine, over and over again.

This thread reminds me of when Reddit was trying to get rid of r/fatpeoplehate. The arguments were that people had to hate on fat people because it was a benefit to society. If there was not a place to hate on fat people, the hate would spread to all of Reddit and no one wanted that, right? And besides, sometimes the haters got through to some of the fat people who then lost weight.

Reddit got rid of r/fatpeoplehate. Nothing happened except the place had a lot less hate, and people didn’t get hit by the crossfire as much.

I haven’t really decided whether it’s a good idea or not to get rid of the Pit because I’m still reading and weighing the arguments, but so far, I will say that the arguments in favor of keeping it look weak to me. The Pit used to be my old stomping grounds so the idea of it does have some sentimental value.

That’s just crazy talk! Throwdown!