most incredibly worthless, annoying character in an otherwise decent movie?

My nomination is “Bones” from The Lookout.

What a moronic character. What a distraction from an otherwise enjoyable movie. Not an oscar winner, but it could have been a decent flick. But everytime I stumble on it and Bones comes into the picture, I flip the channel.

Your pick(s)?

Jar Jar Binks.

Jar Jar Binks.

any movie with quetin tarentino. good movies but he just is bae casting.

Link in Monsters v Aliens.

All of the cast in *My Best Friends’ Wedding *other than Rupert Everett.

And, of course, Chewbacca in Star Wars.

I have no idea why I thought of those three movies.

Jar Jar Binks

You might have stretched the set qualification of otherwise decent too much by mentioning him.

But if “Phantom Menace” is alright, I am going to add Wilhelmina Scott played by Kate Capshaw from “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”. She was the anti Karen Allen: totally useless, endlessly whining and put every scream queen to shame … to my horror.

A far as I am concerned, the discussion is over. Jar-Jar is the most annoying , studpid , and completely unecessary character ever created.

Mickey Rooney’s offensive stereotype in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Becky in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.” Particularly as [del]acted[/del] done by Juliette Lewis.

I found Ruby Rhod ( Chris Tucker ) in The Fifth Element to be extremely annoying.

That’s what I wanted to say! That is truly a horrendous character.

If a writer can be judged by the way he or she portrays the opposite sex, then the Temple of Doom speaks volumes.

Good one! I know they were going for comic relief, but the movie was by far the less for his character.

Do all the people mentioning Jar Jar think Phantom Menace is otherwise decent flick? To me he was just the worst of a bunch of annoying characters in a pretty crappy movie.

As do I, but the scene where Bruce is on the edge of beating the shit out of him almost makes it all worthwhile.

Why would the conversation be over? That movie is horrible without Jar Jar.

Exactly. The idea is to list an annoying/worthless character in an otherwise OK film.

I’d agree with Willie in Temple of Doom. She’s poorly cast and directed badly. I think Spielberg was too much in love to realize this. I still like the movie, though.

Yup. Loved the film but my first viewing of it, I found him soooo distracting and irritating that I really had problems appreciating the rest of the film. It’s improved a lot on subsequent viewings, probably because those were at home on a smaller screen, etc. He’s literally less in-your-face that way.

I hated Fabienne in Pulp Fiction. After what Butch just went through, she cried because she couldn’t get blueberry pancakes. Grrrr.

Eh… Admittedly, there were a few clunkers in Phantom Menace not related to Jar Jar, like the bad acting from the kid playing Anakin, midichlorians, and the never ending pod race, but the OP said decent, not great. Without Jar Jar you still have the battles between the Jedi and the trade council and Darth Maul. It would have been a let down considering all the of the super high expectations, but I don’t think people would have had the blinding hatred for it that they do because of Jar Jar.

“From 5 to 7:30 you’re gonna give yourself a hand. Green?” “…Supergreen.”

I actually didn’t mind Ruby. He’s shrill, but I seem to be one of the few people on this board who likes Chris Tucker. He was more or less superfluous in Fifth Element, though, being little more than the comedy relief (which clearly didn’t work so hot for a lot of people) and a contrivance for the President to monitor Dallas.

My contribution is Anthony Anderson in Transformers (shu’up, it was too a fun movie!), the dude living at home that the Aussie chick taps to decode the Decepticon transmissions. Annoying voice, annoying personality, and the character’s utility was questionable at best.