Mothers, Daughters-Lesbian Lovers?!?!?!

While my initial post was meant to be funny, the tone of Esprix’s post forces me to respond in a more serious manner. I discriminate based only on one criterion: Is someone or something being harmed (without consent or knowledge) by your actions? So keeping that in mind, all sexual preferences and behaviors were considered immoral or perverse at some point in history. A hundred years ago, heterosexual sex prior to marriage was considered immoral (and in some circles it still is). 20 years ago, homosexuality was considered immoral (and in some circles it still is). Perhaps in 10 years, golden showers will be a very popular sexual practice. And I might be on this message board with a sado-masochist who’ll take offense to my mentioning S&M in the same thread as homosexuality, or heterosexuality for that matter.

Point is, I will not put any preference or practice on a pedestal. You get no special treatment from me! And when I’m making a joke, nothing is sacred. Think about it, if I treated heterosexuality or homosexuality or autosexuality as something special, it would be just like discriminating against everything else.

And Esprix’s fear that some fool might somehow linking homosexuals to sado-masochists or necrophiliacs because of my post is not a reasonable one. Only an extremely uneducated person or a bigot of the highest magnitude would ever make this connection. And I have more important things to do than worry about editing what I say for the benefit of these people.

giggles

Man! I’ve got to applaud Jackknifed Juggernaut on that last one for the sheer articulate-ness of it. [sub][sup](What’s the noun form of articulate?) [/sub][/sup]

IMO, I think the whole deal is gross. With your mom? Adopted or not, it’s still your mother figure.

Take a minute and imagine getting it on with YOUR mom. Guys, imagine with your dad.

Isn’t that disgusting? Even a little bit?

When every time for 30 some odd years you mention your opposite-sex partner and people immediately ask you about your “deviant sexual practices,” told you were going to Hell, immediately grabbed their children for fear you would reach out and sodomize them on the spot, or threatened your life, then maybe you’ll understand why I found your list so non-humorous. (Yes, all these things have happened to me, and no, I’m not playing the “more discriminated against than thou” game.) Yes, only the truly bigoted (thank you, Fiver) and ignorant would agree with your post, and yes, you meant it as a joke, but without that explanation, why take the time to perpetuate bigotry and ignorance?

I found the remarks unfunny. YMMV.

Esprix

Searching For Truth
Love… is a many splendoured thing

Well, I suppose perspective usually determines what people find funny.

But I am a little disturbed by one of your last comments: “Yes, only the truly bigoted and ignorant would agree with your post, and yes, you meant it as a joke…”

I’m not sure what you mean by this. There’s really nothing that I’ve written that a bigot would agree with. I’m saying that only a bigot or highly uneducated person would make the connection that homosexuality is analogous to S&M or necrophilia. But I never stated this or even implied this in any way.

I just wanted to clarify that.

It seems to me that Esprix took more offense to this than was meant. Maybe we should all just apologize and hug? I’m sure Jackknifed Juggernaut didn’t mean to piss anyone off. I didn’t find his comment hilarious-I just shook my head with a smile and didn’t think much of it.

Esprix, I understand where you’re coming from, but…can we all just call this a draw? Say ‘I love you’ and leave it at that?

Searching For Truth is right. Sometimes I drag things a little too far to make certain that my POV is being properly represented. Hey, nobody’s perfect, right? But I’m finished here. I wish everyone the best!

Huh. I read these as two separate sentences. As far as I can tell, “and other types of perverse behavior” modifies only S&M and water sports–not homosexuality.

So…am I missing something here, or is the objection just to mentioning the three as things people are “morally outraged” over? I don’t see any other linking…
shrug
My reading comprehension must be deteriorating :slight_smile:
[sub]I’m not trying to drag up the issue again; I’m just curious as to what I missed[/sub]