Mothers, Daughters-Lesbian Lovers?!?!?!

I’m assuming you mean Michael Hardwick. To tell the absolute truth, I don’t know offhand. And I’m not sure if it would be possible to find out online, given that all of this happened pre-Web.

If, on the other hand, you’re asking about me, having found yourself absolutely enchanted by my online presence and wit, I play utility. :smiley:

jayjay (dragging unrelated and inappropriate flirting into new frontiers every day)

Pfui. Zeus and Danae were into that ages ago…

jayjay

From Bowers v. Hardwick: “The Constitution does not confer a fundamental right upon homosexuals to engage in sodomy.”

From Romer v. Evans: “The State’s principal argument that Amendment 2 puts gays and lesbians in the same position as all other persons by denying them special rights is rejected as implausible.”

I don’t really see that Romer v. Evans changes the legality of sodomy laws, which are still on the books in several states, including my home state of Massachusetts (which is otherwise quite good with homosexual issues). So I think you guys still have no reasonable expectation of privacy in your relationships under federal law. State constitutions may confer that right in some places.

I just wanna say, Guin, that your OP gave me a vision of my ancient, redneck mother-in-law naked, and I now hate you.

Thanks for the great possibility that for the next two weeks or more, whenever my wife’s laying on the bed naked, I’ll envision my horrible MIL’s body laying on top of her.

Really, thanks.

A couple of years back there was an article in The Stranger by a woman who had appeared on the Springer show. She was roped into it by an acquaintance who dreamed of being on TV. Their story (they were lesbian lovers, but one of them was cheating on the other with a man) was completely fabricated. The author of the piece also said that when she was talking with other guests after the show it came out that all their stories were bogus too. The show’s staff also provided trailer trash chic clothes and heavily coached everyone before they went on the air, encouraging them to be as dramatic as possible.

I think it’s safe to say that nothing on Springer is 100% true, and that precious little has any truth to it at all.

As long as they are both consenting adults and the activity began while they were both consenting adults I have zero problem with it.

I wouldn’t want to watch it, but I have zero problem with it.

Are you talking about adults going on Springer, obfusciatrist?

quote:"…Is that even LEGAL? "

C’mon, you know that’s not the real question on our minds! What we really need to know is…were they hot?

I was not referring to the same-sex marriage, but to the consenting-adult incest – since in some jurisdictions it has fallen into unenforcement, or as I mentioned, the statute may not clearly include adult adopted or step-relations among the definitions, though while they’re minors some other law applies.

All states forbid marriage, AND define as incest sexual intercourse, between direct ascendants/descendants, siblings (full or half) and uncle/aunt-niece/nephew.

30 States do not allow marriage between first cousins, North Carolina only bans it if they’re cousins on both parents’ sides. But, they DO recognized a legally-entered marriage from any of the 19 other states (“full faith and credit”)
jrd

Ah…I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s just the thought a parent and child falling in love…ICK.

First off, fine, it’s her adopted daughter…but how long ago did she adopt her? I mean, that’s just psychologically sick…
It was mostly just the thought…icky icky icky! I mean, you love your mom, but just don’t like, love your mom!

waterj2:

Incidentally, the “Bowers” referred to in that case is former Georgia attorney general Mike Bowers, who was famously intolerant of sexual deviants. In addition to prosecuting the sodomy case, he also fired a lesbian member of his staff…because she was a lesbian.

Then Bowers threw his hat in the ring for the 1998 Georgia gubernatorial race (as a Republican, not of course that that’s indicative of anything).

Then it came out that he’d been cheating on his wife for 10 years with another woman, violating in the process some of the same antiquated blue laws he’d used against Georgia’s gays during his time as attorney general.

A quick retirement from the race and public life, and a divorce, soon followed.

There once lived a man named Oedipus Rex,
You may have heard about his odd complex.
His name appears in Freud’s index
'Cause he loved his mother.

–Tom Lehrer, “Oedipus Rex”

I saw the episode in question and, trust me, nobody on that show was hot, or even had a full set of teeth. Is there some rule women must weigh at least 300 pounds or need dentures to get on Springer.

What I loved were the 64-year-old transexual who REALLY did not need to be wearing a revealing dress (my stomach still hasn’t settled from that ghastly vision) and the screaming little queen who ditched his ugly-ass boyfriend for the old tranny. Anti-gay crusaders could use that segment as a recruiting tool, it was that vile.

Well, that too. But if mothers and daughters want to practice their lily-licking together and they are both consenting adults, I don’t care about that either.

You know, you may have posted this as a funny, but it wasn’t. Even in jest, linking homosexuality unequivocably with S&M, water sports, beastiality, necorphilia and incest (not to mention calling it “perverse”) ticks me off. (And if you hadn’t posted a half-hearted explanation, I’d have assumed you were a bigotted little troll.)

Might I suggest switcing to decaf? :rolleyes:

Esprix

So you are saying that homosexuals are somehow morally superior to people who are into S&M or water sports?

Hardly. But some would have the communities linked in an unfavorable fashion inextricably from each other, thus providing their bigotted beliefs more fuel, and giving all those named communities the title “sick, wrong and immoral,” when, in and of themselves, none of them are (arguably, of course). When people say, “Water sports are bad,” I don’t like that followed up with the broad and inaccurate statement, “And all homosexuals are involved in water sports.”

If we’re going to fight ignorance, let’s at least be thorough about it.

Esprix

Regardless of what you think of Allen and his wife (and the mother of his child) please remember that:

He never married Mia Farrow

and

He never adopted Soon-Yi Previn, who had a father who was and is involved in her life.

If we are going to live in a society which acknowledges ONLY male-female marriage and NO other non-consanguinous relationship, Allen is guilty of no crime except creepiness, and that only in the mind of some, not all.

I am not defending Allen, but merely illuminating the law. Please keep this in mind when you flame me (yet again) and that it is inappropriate to attack me personally when I merely point out facts which you have ignored or distorted.

Rhode Island at one time (I don’t know if they still do) allowed uncle-niece or aunt-nephew marriages.

There’s only one “t” in “bigoted.”