Movie Actors You Can't Stand

Kirsten Dunst. Blandness personified with dirty little teeth. Dirty. Little. Teeth.

Sean Penn.

Ditto on Tom Cruise, Russel Crowe and Jude Law. TC and RC because they simply look liked they are class A jerks and Jude Law because he looks and acts like a whiny crybaby. I did actually like Jude Law until I watched him in “Closer” and his character was so unlikeable, yet so “Jude” that I can’t seperate the two anymore.

For those who don’t like Will Ferrell (and most of his comedies I agree with), you might check him out in “Stranger Than Fiction”. He played it WAYYY down and was actually presentable and funny.

Russell Crowe. OK, he’s got more talent in his little finger than I have in my whole body, but he’s just such a bloody ham. Part of that impression, I’m sure, is attributable to Jon Culshaw’s merciless impersonation of him on Dead Ringers, but still…

Owen Wilson. Seen five minutes of one movie, you’ve seen his entire range.

Gary Busey. It should be legal to punch him in the face whenever you see him.

Nicholas Cage. I made the unfortunately decision to see City of Angels and I’ve despised him since.

ETA Meg Ryan, partner in crime.

Angelina Jolie. Blech!

Look at me! I’m going to Africa to save the world. I’m going to adopt all the African children because their lives suck and life with me is what every child of the world desires.
And in my spare time from being Mother Teresa I might act because everyone is just in love with me. I’m the new Katherine Hepburn. No wait, I’m the new Princess Diana.
And maybe I’ll pick up a faux foreign accent while I’m at it so I can sound sophisticated just like Madonna and Johnny Depp.
And look how I seduced Brad Pitt. If I have People Magazine’s hottest man of the year groveling at my feet I must be god’s gift to men everywhere.
Oh how great it is to be me!

Oh, come on; he was awesome against Tommy Lee Jones in Under Siege, and the two of them almost redeemed the movie despite Steven Seagal. Talking about unwatchable ‘actors’, Seagal is at the top of the list, along with Leonardo DiCaprio (whiny party-boy who at best is tolerable in The Departed), Michael Pitt (DiCaprio knockoff), Kirstin Dunst, Allison Janney, Will Farrell, Anne Heche, Melanie Griffith, Matthew McNaugahyde, Kim Cattrall, Rebecca Pidgeon, and with spare exceptions Jack Nicholson after 1981.

Stranger

Brad Pitt. For some reason, he has repelled me pretty much ever since anybody had ever heard of him. I mean, actively repelled. I have no idea why.

I don’t even know if he can act, but I don’t care. I doubt it, though.

Susan Sarandon. Something about her voice bugs the hell out of me.

Sean Penn. Even when he’s trying to play a mentally retarded guy, he comes off as stuck-up and full of himself. “I’m the greatest actor in the world, you only wish you were as great as I am!”

Kyra Sedgwick. Her accent and mannerisms are just brutally annoying.

Vincent D’Onofrio. See “Sean Penn.” The guy overacts and chews the scenery like crazy, while wearing a permanent “I’m the shit and everyone knows it” smirk.

Seconded.

John Travolta: What does anyone see in that guy?
Kevin Costner: Ditto, and no chin.
Renee Zellwiger: Yeah, the squint.

Oh man, Kevin Spacey makes me feel stabby.

I had thought about opening a thread titled: Actors who are deal breakers.

Most of mine have been mentioned, but I’m mention them again. (Some of these are not critic’s darlings, but I can’t stand them.)

Ben Stiller
Will Ferrel (although I liked Elf)
that guy who play Mr. Bean.
Chris Tucker
Chris Rock
Bernie Mack

No doubt I will think of a dozen more after I hit submit.

William Hurt - takes himself WAAAAAAAY to seriously.
Jeff Bridges
- smarmy.
Will Ferrell
- he just tries too hard, and he’s Just. Not. Funny.

Holly Hunter used to be on my list, but that movie where she played an angel helped me get over it, and I’m liking her new TV show (which means it’ll be canceled soon, if it hasn’t been already.)

Samuel L. Jackson annoys the shit out of me and I can’t tell you why. He just does.

It has nothing to do with his acting ability – I can’t watch him long enough to figure out if he can or can’t.

In general you’re right, but it made him perfect for Leaving Las Vegas.

Thank you for this fabulous addition to my vocabulary!

You will see me, but you will not know me. Your hand can touch me, but your mind cannot comprehend me. Am I the dream or the reality? There is no way for you to know. Take heed when I speak, for I am wisdom made into a man.

<shrug> Nope. I just thought he came across, as usual - as a wanker, who happens to have fallen into a role where he doesn’t need to act - a bit like if someone said to Keanu Reeves, “OK, we need you to act wooden and confused in this next scene - do you think you can pull that off?”

You’re dissing Blackadder? I’m shocked, shocked I tells ya.

Put me down for DiCaprio.