Movie Scenes that still make you laugh. Or Cry

“Son, you got a panty on your head”. Hilarity ensues.

Good Will Hunting: “It’s not your fault”

Saving Private Ryan: “Tell me I’m a good man.”

Excuse me, I think there’s something in my eye.

I still say Armegeddon had one of the best Presidential addresses ever.

Most of Saving Private Ryan is “okay,” IMO. But the one scene that gets me is Harve Presnell (playing General George C. Marshall) when he reads Lincoln’s letter.

Hi, I’m Knead, and I cry easily at sentimental movies.

I won’t even bother to pretend I’m going to list them all.

“‘Don’t you leave him, Samwise Gamgee.’ And I don’t mean to!”

“I never took the Kobayashi Maru … what do you think … of my solution?”

Chris Reeve’s Superman cradling the corpse of Margot Kidder’s Lois Lane in his arms

Little Barry Guiler saying “Bu-bye!” to Roy Neary

“I don’t have a home. Marie died eight years ago.”

“I can’t lose you again! I can’t. Not again. I’m not strong enough.”

There’s something about Mary. Ben Stiller finishes jerking off. “Where did it go?” I lose it every time.
Catching the dog on fire gets me rolling also.

Cry: Final scene of Rudy (tears of joy, natch!)

Laugh: In Life of Brian when Gilliam and Idle are handing out crosses and talking crazy, then suddenly Gilliam starts talking in a normal voice

This scene from Fargo always gets me. I’m not really sure why, I suppose it’s a combination of the sentiment expressed and Frances McDormand’s performance. There is also the ending scene in the bedroom between Marge and Norm.

‘‘I immediately regret this decision!’’

Ron Burgundy, seconds after jumping into a bear pit to save his ex-girlfriend. (The Anchorman.)

I cry all the time watching films, but nothing in recent memory has made me cry harder than that montage in Up. You know the one I’m talking about. It takes you to such an unexpected place. You’re like, ‘‘Yeah, I’m watching a children’s movie… uh… uh… oh holy fuck my most cherished love is going to die some day.’’ Man, that cuts to the bone.

ETA:

‘‘My friends, you bow to no one.’’

My daughter and I were just talking about movies that make you cry. For her (she’s 12), she cannot watch Eight Below without breaking down. Every time she swears she’s never going to watch it again. Until the next time.

For me, Beaches was a tear-jerker for a long time. And then I saw Pay It Forward. And then I saw the very end of Pay It Forward. And then I completely lost it. Couldn’t stop crying for a good twenty minutes.

I dare you to watch this scene from The Color Purple and not cry like a little baby.

‘‘Nothing but death can keep me from it!’’

Oh Lord.

Most movie scenes that make people cry feel manipulative to me - like Bette Davis, I hate cheap sentimentality. But two scenes that worked were the endings of Ikiru and The Bicycle Thief.

Dead Poets Society:

“Oh Captain, my Captain…”

“Thank you, boys. Thank you.”

I lose it every time.

Babe: “If I could make a perfect day for you…”

I have seen the movie dozens of times and it always gets me.

From Annie Hall:

Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) is walking down the street, interviewing random passersby about how he can be happy in a relationship. He comes up to a young, good-looking couple, and the following conversation ensues:

Alvy Singer: Here, you look like a very happy couple, um, are you?
Female street stranger: Yeah.
Alvy Singer: Yeah? So, so, how do you account for it?
Female street stranger: Uh, I’m very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.
Male street stranger: And I’m exactly the same way.
Alvy Singer: I see. Wow. That’s very interesting. So you’ve managed to work out something?

Just the way the girl delivers the line slays me.

First one I thought of…along with the ending of The Good,The Bad and the Ugly

How bout telling us what you are linking.

Glad someone else mentioned this movie,since it is despised by most people here.
I love the sequence after the shuttle returns to earth.

The scene in The Postman(another hated movie) when the little boy holds up the letter.

Shakespeare in Love when he tells about the deaths of Romeo and Juliet to the cast.