movies containing maps

Three Kings had the map up the Iraqi soldier’s ass, which was a decoy for the other map visible under blue light.

And 2012 had the map they got from Woddy Harrelson showing them where the “Arcs” were.

If we’re opening to TV, HBO’s Game of Thrones opening credits are over a depiction of a relief map of Westeros with a clockpunk representation of each city/castle/region that features in the episode unfolding as the camera moves along it.

Has anyone yet mentioned The Way Back? Peter Weir directed this one, about a group of Soviet Siberian gulag prisoners who escape and walk a couple thousand miles to India. A memorable moment early in the film is when one prisoner draws in the snow a very simple schematic map of where they think they are located in relation to Lake Baykal.

Anyway, see you in Portland, Mr. Downtown! (I assume this is about NACIS).

I seem to remember something like this from Innerspace, where they were traveling through the body. That would be pretty obscure though, and not what people think of. So maybe verify and set it as a high point value question.

Enjoy,
Steven

Stumble, stumble. Crawl, crawl. Roll, roll.

If you’re going to add TV, there’s also the opening credits of Bonanza.

And, the last (fifth) season of The Wire, in which

The drug dealers set up meets by sending each other photos of a clock…and the hands on the clock refer to the coordinates of a specific city map they all have.

Nobody remembers McKenna’s Gold? C’mon guys, it had naked Julie Newmar!

The map isn’t clearly seen, but there’s a good map joke in What’s Up, Tiger Lily?:

“This is Shephard Wong’s home.”
“He lives in that piece of paper?”

MostlyClueless, it actually took me a little while to get the HP map detail.

Yikes! The Internet is smaller than I thought! You’re on your honor to forget this thread between now and October.

No worries! These days, I’m lucky to remember what month we’re in. :wink:

“There seems to have been a bit of a squabble.”

“Squabble?! They’re all dead, man!”

“Oh? Must have been more of a tiff, then.”

Has anyone mentioned the map the young girl has tattooed on her back in Waterworld?

Yes, in post no 7.

In Captain America: The First Avenger, the main character sees a Nazi map with important facilities marked on it briefly. He memorizes it, and later he and his team destroy those facilities.

The Curious George movie does the “traveling by map” thing when the Man in the Yellow Hat travels to and from Africa. Also, he’s following a map that his boss gave him to find a giant idol.

Superman: The Movie had a map of California before and after Luthor’s planned earthquake.
Pirates of the Caribbean** (the first one) had a scene in that Governor’s map room.

I watched Escape to Witch Mountain last night. A major plot point is the discovery of a hidden map.

The maps of the sea floor in The Hunt for Red October read by the
preternatural navigator Jonesy.

Ah, here’s the Neptune Massif!

Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World had a map. and a “Big W”

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World featured a map of where they refitted at sea. Also, I seem to remember a map of the Galapagos.