Movies that tell you what's going to happen

Aha! :slight_smile:

I love that movie. I’ve seen it at least ten times! No interest in the reboot whatsoever.

The second movie is a fairly faithful version of the Broadway play, which is significantly different than the original (1967) movie. The play was a musical; the only song in the original movie was “Springtime for Hitler”.

[Voice of Derek Jacoby]: Yes … I know. :wink:

There is a second moment like this in Total Recall when the bald executive tries to talk Arnold down and he shoots him because he was sweating. What he describes is exactly how the remainder of the movie plays out.

Related: When I rented The Game. I took the disk out and put it in my player as it was loading I said to my friend, “I bet a whole lot of weird shit happens that the guy thinks is real but in the end he finds out it’s just a game.” I should have ejected the disk right then.

Gandhi
He gets shot at the beginning, all the rest of the movie is a flashback of his life.

There’s a classic movie that fits with those – but as the twist ending, so I’m spoilering even the title. And so HERE BE SPOILERS!

[spoiler]Witness For The Prosecution: the defense attorney tells the defendant’s wife that “your husband’s entire defense depends on his word and yours” but adds that “the jury will be quite skeptical of the word of a man accused of murder, when supported only by that of his wife.”

After all, what would you expect a wife to say? Don’t you know that, “under British law, you cannot be called to give testimony damaging to your husband?”

She harshly replies that, in point of fact, their marriage is null and void. “He is not my husband,” she explains with absolutely no warmth. She then adds, while sounding (a) sarcastic and (b) not at all like she means it, that “I will give him an alibi and I shall be very convincing; there will be tears in my eyes”.

As per the title, she’s called to the stand not as a bland defense witness to rubber-stamp his alibi – but as a witness for the prosecution, who destroys his alibi. And then, on cross-examination, she gets shown evidence of her guilt and breaks down and confesses that she was framing him for murder – and, with tears in her eyes, gives him a very convincing alibi.

And it gets him acquitted! So his defense did depend on it, and it was way more convincing than the approach that would’ve induced skepticism![/spoiler]

Ooo, I never realized that before. Nice one!

nitpick - there was also the hippie flower song *Love Power *and a few fragments of other songs during the Hitler auditions (“with a bing-bang-bing-bang-boom”) and it finished with Prisoners of Love.

If scenes count, then Drew Barrymore in Charlie’s Angels describes exactly how she’s going to defeat all the guys while tied to a chair.

And as far as single scenes go, probably my favorite from The Rocketeer:

Timothy Dalton has just gotten the upper hand and strapped on the rocket pack, and as he prepares to escape the burning zeppelin, he smiles and says “I’m going to miss Hollywood.” Then he flies off, but he didn’t realize the rocket pack had a leak, and he careens out-of-control towards the HOLLYWOODLAND sign…crashing into and taking out just the letters LAND.

Titanic

Yes you knew what was going to happen at the end, but there was the scene where they had the video animation showing the ship sinking.

Well, kind of a spoiler, I think. Do we know the guy in the pool is the narrator at the beginning of the movie? (Sorry, it’s been many years since I’ve seen it.)

Yeah, but the plot of Titanic is not “the ship sinks”. It’s about what happens to the main characters before and as the ship is sinking.