Movies you watch at least once a year

I’ve been doing comfort viewing the last couple of days, old reliables (Victor/Victoria Thursday night, Ken Russell’s The Girl Friend, with Tommy Tune and Twiggy, last night), and realized that these are two movies I end up watching at least once a year.

Others are: All that Jazz, Bye Bye Birdie, The Gay Divorcee, Sunset Boulevard (see, they’re not all musicals), and The Producers.

I’m guessing Moulin Rouge will join that list, though I’ve had it less than a year.

What are your perennials?

Key Largo, The Maltese Falcon, Naked Gun all three of them, North By North West, Any Herbie Love Bug movie I vcan get my hands on, Inner Space, The Parent Hood, True Romance, Murder By Death, Big Trouble in Little China, Raise the Red Lanterns, and The Last Emperor.

Jaws, Tremors, Lake Placid. I dig monster movies. :smiley:

“It’s a Wonderful Life” every Christmas

The Producers, definitely The Producers.

Where’s my Goebbels, where’s my little Joey?

Seven Samurai, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Raging Bull, La Règle du Jeu, Fanny and Alexander, Frankenstein ( James Whale version, obviously), Psycho, Vertigo and lots of others, Actually, I think I just watch the same 1,000 films over and over again.

Now that I think about it, it’s an odd list.

Life is Beautiful (Some things should never be forgotten.)

Joe Vs. The Volcano (Whenever I want my life back.)

Singin’ In The Rain (Sometimes you just need to feel good.)

Empire Records (Every Rex Manning Day)

When it comes out, Spirited Away will be joining the list.

I’m always up for The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Rosemary’s Baby, Rebecca, Dr. Strangelove & The Screaming Skull along with Quest of the Delta Knights (both MST3Ked).

For some reason I’ve also seen Thunderheart an awful lot of times. I honestly don’t know why.

Tremors, definitely. I’ve also seen Touch of evil at least twice a year ever since I’ve had the video. And, while it’s a cliché, you can never go wrong with The empire strikes back.

I’m sure I manage to watch John McTiernan’s teddy-bear diptych, Die Hard and Hunt for Red October, at least once a year.

My must see is Bull Durham. Usually once at the start of baseball season and once just before the playoffs and maybe once more just for something to do.

I don’t think I quite average once a year with The Princess Bride, but it’s close.

Local Hero

Little Women (the Winona version)

Don’t own Tremors, but I watch it whenever I get the chance

And all the usual Christmas stuff

The Nightmare Before Christmas

**Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Real Genius

Some Kind Of Wonderful

Say Anything**

Maybe not as often as once a year, but I do watch them every now and then. Even though I know them by heart.

Whenever a new Star Wars comes out, I have to view the original before going. That’s

Star Wars - Episode IV - A New Hope

Whenever I get depressed and lonely, I have to see

Planet Of The Apes

The original one. With the NRA President. 1st movie my daddy took me too just ourselves. Sure, as a family, we went to a lot of shows. But, this was just me and Dad. Cool.

Patton

Makes me proud to be an American.

Captain Ron

I used to live in the Bahamas. Everything in this movie happened to me at one time.

The Princess Bride

American History X
Crossroads (The one with Steve Vai and the killer solo.)

Braveheart

Rob Roy

A re-grounding experience. No matter what is going on in my life (whether good or bad), somone has had it worse, and has given up more than me. Has the two-fold effect of bringing me down-to-earth in the good times and raising me up in the bad times.

For pure fun,

Something About Mary - “Brett Faavvvre”

A Fish Called Wanda - “Don’t call me stupid!”

Classics all.

Same here! This comes out of the vault every October, to get me into the Holiday spirit! :smiley:

Casablanca.

Turn off the lights, grab a blanket, get on the couch and just soak up the atmosphere, the attitude, the style, the story.