Movies you watch at least once a year

Home for the Holidays- every year right before thanksgiving- truly make me thankful.

The Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest, Shrek, Chicken Run or Field of Dreams normally get into the DVD machine when I need cheering up

Ghost Dog - Way of the Samurai, Pulp Fiction or Fight Club normally get chosen when I get bored with traditional hollywood movies and want to appreciate something a little more off the wall and intelligent. These films somewhat restore my faith in cinema.

Bad Lieutentant, Requiem for a Dream or Kids get watched when I feel overly depressed. It doesn’t cheer me up but it does remind me that it could be worse.

Die Hard (I/II/III) or Cliffhanger when I want to switch my brain off

I think I watch too many movies :wink:

At least once a year…ummm

Zulu
Get Carter (The original)
Grosse Point Blank
Leon
The Matrix

Christmas Vacation.

Blazing Saddles

Arthur

I also watch some movie with a bunch of British guys in it, set in merry old England, but I don’t remember the name…

Trainspotting. Blackhawk Down is another one that I’m gonna watch again and again.

Ever After
Toy Story
Iron Giant (actually I watch all those several times a year)
Notting Hill
At least one Star Wars movie
Something with Bruce Willis in it

Charlie (Willy Wonka) and the Chocolate Factory
Dances with Wolves
Wizard of Oz
101 Dalmations
Beauty and the Beast
Land Before Time
Ferngulley

Just a few off the top of my head :slight_smile:

When Harry met Sally
My Blue Heaven
Cleopatra
Uncle Buck

I completely forgot The Nightmare before Christmas. Silly me.

The Princess Bride
The Commitments
Sixteen Candles
Innerspace

The Big Lebowski it’s not some religious thing of mine, just a mind-bogglingly funny movie, so I watch it fairly often.

My parents have rented Home for the Holidays the last 3 or 4 years (usually around Christmas…and every year they forget that it’s set at Thanksgiving) and I’ve seen it each time.

Off the top of my head…
The Usual Suspects
Mulan
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Breakfast at Tiffanys
What About Bob?
Quick Change
O Brother, Whereart Thou?
Zoolander
The Joy Luck Club, or at least parts of it…
Clerks
Chasing Amy

• When Harry Met Sally* a cat and moi romantic fav. Much loved and oft quoted.

The Nightmare before Christmas before Halloween and Christmas!

Ghostbusters A guilty pleasure.

My list is nearly identical to some others listed here, but the one at the top of the list is defintely “A Christmas Story”. I watch it several times around Christmas and sometimes even earlier than that.

All About Eve
Singin’ In The Rain
Young Frankenstein
A Fish Called Wanda

Although there are many films I’ve watched countless times, I think these are the only ones I’ve definately watched at least once a year since the first viewing.

Mixed Nuts, with Steve Martin. Every Christmas.

The Godfather, once a year or so, on a Sunday afternoon with several bottles of red wine, bread and various Italian meals to cap things off.

Dr Strangelove
The Last Emperor

A. I. will be on that list, bought it last month and I’ve seen it 4 times since the first time I rented it

Kundun

Farewell to the King

Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death (a classic)

Rustlers’ Rhapsody

Life is Beautiful
THe Big Lebowski
Jesus’ Son
Hideous Kinky
Airplane
Saving Guffman
BEst in SHow
Rob Roy
Reality Bites
Slacker

Twister (in the spring)
Meet Me in Saint Louis (around Halloween)