Mr. Bean to play Lord Voldemort?!?!

Isn’t Gary Oldman playing Black? (Checks IMDB for the Prisoner of Azkaban) Yep, at least in that one. And David Thewlis is playing Lupin. See here for a still from the production.

And what’s this about Rowling insisting on only “English” play roles in the films? Maybe we can get SAG to only allow Americans to play American roles then and chase out all those Brits and Aussies doing barely passable American accents? :wink:

Well, Richard Harris was Dumbledore so that can’t be right, can it?

It looks like Rowan Atkinson will not play Lord Vol… erm, “he who’s name must not be spoken”:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_3376000/3376933.stm

Oh, come on. You know they’ve owned your asses for centuries now!

Just kidding! :wink:

The Secret Policeman’s Ball

You’re right, he was in that. To nitpick, however, the Secret Policeman’s Ball wasn’t actually a Python movie, it was a benefit gig for Amnesty International that some of the Python guys happened to appear in.

Yeah, but you’re forgetting that Britain is on the metric system and in an earlier time zone than we are, so he’s older…

in other words :smack:

Er, Cervaise, I assure you I am not a coffee table.

All I’m saying is that the same rumor went around before, on many of the same entertainment sites that are publishing it now.

My “grain of salt” remark applies to the entire IMDb. The information for movies that have been released is usually solid, but for movies in production or pre-production, the site is hit and miss. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to explain to someone that the cast lists for movies in production are usually user-submitted and that is why X is listed in the role of Y when X hasn’t even been approached for the role in reality.

Ah. Yes. The data on the movie pages is user-submitted and sketchily vetted, and not a hundred percent reliable, especially for movies in pre-production (it’s gotten a lot better lately, though). That much I agree with.

Voldemort is sort of like Mr. Bean though.

Spoilers for Books 4 and 5:

-An incredibly elaborate year long plan all designed to get Harry to touch a single random object.
-An incredibly elaborate year long plan to remove a single object from a shelf… when it turns out that just blasting it with a single reducto curse that any 4th year can learn would work just as well.
That’s some class act bumbling, that is.

im confused. is anyone here from AUStralia… when is the third darn movie coming out, they were supposed to do it near christmas like lord of the rings… but i havent heard one damn thing about it yet… do any of u guys know why…?

green ambrosia@hotmail.com

thanks y’all.

:stuck_out_tongue: green ambrosia :stuck_out_tongue:

oopsies, greenambrosia@hotmail.com

:p:p:p:p:p

The third movie is not scheduled for release until July 2004. They changed the schedule established by the others to give more planning time/a longer break between films.

As it is, they’re planning on starting principal photography for movie 4 (Goblet of Fire) in June this year.

Azkaban is going to be released in the U.S. & the U.K. on June 4th. (My birthday! Yay!)

According to IMDB, it will be released in Australia on the 10th.

And probably with different actors as the kids since the current ones, perfectly cast as they are, are unfortunately getting a tad too “90210 Character:Actor Age Discrepancy” for the roles. Since Daniel Radcliffe has such a huge fan base, I pity whatever actor takes over for him.

Actually I read that Radcliffe is signed up for GOF. (I believe he’s about thirteen or fourteen, which is JUST the right age for Harry).

Yep. Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint are all signed to play the Trio again in GOF.

Dude, they’re at most only 2 years different to the ages they will be playing, in fact Emma Watson will be 14 as she is filming GoF, which is precisely the age she should be. Rupert Grint is the older, at 16 in August, and then Daniel Radcliffe will be 15 in July.

They’re well within the age range they need to be.

The real risk is that the movies are catching up with the books, and who knows when Book 7 will be released?

:slight_smile: THANKS EVERYONE :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue: green ambrosia :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, who else would you cast in Harry Potter?

I’d like to see Ewan McGregor as Bill Weasely.