Mr recently fixed teeth make me whistle and scream like a banshee.

Sweet Jesus, I sound like a six-year old kid, just getting his adult teeth for the first time.

(Setting: Typical Minot, ND Toga Party. Late May, no snow on the ground, but the Aurora Borealis are in full spectacular view. Time is near 12:30PM)

[Enter Tripler]

Tripler: Hey Phil, where’s Sammy? I gotta ask him something.

Phil: I don’t know. Last I saw him, he was talking to Annie.

Scott: Yo Trip, he’s downstairs!

Tripler: Hey thanksshhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (cue to steam whistle track). . . WHOA! Sorry, 'bout that. Thanks man!

[Exit a highly embarrased Tripler]

Good Lord, I damn near busted everyone’s eardrums. And it happens so infrequently, I can’t figure out what makes it happen. I know it usually occurs when I say “sh” or even less so with a “s”. This is freaky. Anybody else have this happen?

All I want for Christmas is a mouthguard and facemask.

Tripler
But I prolly won’t wear 'em.

Okay, who is “Mr recently fixed teeth” and why are you asking him to make you whistle and scream? Sounds kinky! :smiley:

Th same thing used to happen to me when I was little. I think it just stopped, but I don’t know why. It will probably go away with time.

They are fixed if they do that. Go back to your dentist and tell him you want it to stop. Unless you like it.

Damned nitnoids.

I just think I’m the shit, being that I lost my teeth on a highstick in a hockey game. I also have been making a lot of typos in the meantime. Must be the concussion.

Tripler
I’ve broken myself in more ways in the past 2 years than I care to admit.

Trip, if you go back to the dentist, he can fix the problem. Likely, it’s the shape of the teeth that’s doing it.

Robin, who lost hers to a tragic trampoline accident

I really didn’t mean it as a slam against you or your typing abilities (I’m certainly not perfect myself). It just struck me as funny. When I first saw the subject line, and before I read your post, I thought you really were referring to someone as “Mr recently fixed teeth”.

Hmmm…A hockey player, huh?

How you doin’? :smiley:

…besides the concussion, I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

No concussion. Just a lot of blood.

But I’ll have you know I skated the last two shifts of the game without two teeth. . .

Tripler
It was late in the 3rd anyway . . .

Which teeth? I have visions of Esa Tikkanen dancing in my head. :wink:

Mmmmmm…hockey players… :::drool:::

(well, MOST hockey players…Not Esa so much :))

These teeth under my left nostril. Snapped 'em clean off, too. The blood came from the cut on top of my lip, but more like a geyser from the cut on the inside of my lip.

Tripler
And yes, I am trying to look freaky in this picture.