Mr. Sunshine

Well, yeah, except that I said worse about Parks and Recreation. And it was true about the first episode of that show. One of the worst messes I ever saw. Yet it seems to have recovered and improved, even if I can’t stand to watch it. ABC is not going to cancel Mr. Sunshine soon and there’s enough talent in the show to pull it together over time.

That Perfect Couples show is a steaming turd sandwiched in between Community and The Office, but I expect the time slot is artificially helping it.

Best line of the night and Janney absolutely killed with her delivery.

I liked it ok. Some of the jokes were telegraphed pretty obviously (the clowns being given axes after we’ve already been told that Janney was scared of clowns). At first I thought it was Perry’s character’s way of getting back at her for sticking him w/ the son - but then he seemed shocked by the clowns showing up, so I guess I was giving the writers too much credit.

I liked it ok for a pilot. It’ll be interesting to see if they can come up with something worth watching each week.

I would have been shocked, too. Why would the clowns barge into the middle of a charity event, with axes still in their hands, even though they had been swinging these heavy axes against ice for who knows how long? Of course this is a world in which a) the clowns dress in full makeup all day long instead of putting it on right before the show; b) agree to somebody else’s manual labor against every union contract in the world, even though both the circus and the arena have dozens of actual manual laborers in their employ; c) are so unfamiliar with the work that they are sure to damage the pipework and ducting with the axes even if this idiot scheme could possibly work.

Like 30 Rock and Community, the show may appear to exist in the real world, but it’s really a cartoon, with cartoon physics.

Parks & Rec still reeks, IMO. And no, I don’t watch it, but occasionally catch the end when changing channels.

I thought Perry was mailing it in, which is surprising, since it’s basically his baby from start to finish, top to bottom. There’s just zero chemistry between these actors. Even the Seinfeld pilot, bad as it seemed at the time, showed a remarkable chemistry amongst the cast members. Janney is a versatile actress and she was giving it her best, but a lame script can’t always be salvaged. The Barbie Doll girlfriend and the Ken token black guy were completely inept.

I thought it was bad enough that I didn’t even finish the show. I figured I’d catch it on Hulu today, but I just don’t have the desire to watch it today either.

And I really like Matthew Perry! Maybe it’ll get better though.

Halfway decent, I thought. All the performances were decent and the characters engaging. Not much of a plot yet.

I liked it. I’ll give it a good try and see how it shakes out.

I did like the son - Jonah Hill is exactly who he was reminding me of. He was, I guess charming is the right word.

I missed the first episode. Maybe that was a good thing. Been watching the others.

I really like the cast. And there isn’t that much Andrea Anders. It seems to be mostly Matthew Perry and the young guy that looks like a fat, jolly Lochlyn Munro.

So far it has been really mediocre. I’m not hating it, but it doesn’t stand out as great. Pretty typical fair so far.

I’ve enjoyed every episode so far.

Well, I find Matthew Perry very funny, even though we know his shtick, it works for me, so I’m definitely enjoying it.

And even though she’s played broader than I would prefer, Janney’s character is growing on me.

I like both Perry and Janney, but I find the show poorly written.

The characters are way too cartoonish, but I just spent two hours watching the past six episodes and it’s growing on me.
I would like to see more Jorge Garcia.

I like it okay, although I don’t think it’s quite as funny as CougarTown, previously in that slot.

As I said in my first post I just can’t seem to bring myself to give up on a TV show so I have watched every episode.

My reaction to this is the same reaction I have to Bob’s Burgers I very much enjoy watching the show and it’s good for maybe one audible HA! on my part.

The absolute funniest thing ever was the episode when Perry goes on the date with psycho-secretary’s sister…but that’s only because she acted EXACTLY like a friend of mine and it was like looking in a mirror.

Good series though…I approve

I’ve caught most of the episodes except the pilot and it’s… okay. I still don’t think it’s living up to the potential of the cast though. I won’t be terribly disappointed if the show dies (because it would free up Janney and Perry to do something better), but it’s not awful.

Yesterday’s episode – about a double mistaken identity – reached the shark. The show has never been particularly good, with just an occasional good line, but the “sending the e-mail to the wrong person and write convoluted and badly contrived scenes so that no one asks the obvious question” plotline was old in the 1950s, and changing it from a letter to e-mail hardly modernized it.

I’ve been watching and hoping, but this was it.

well, darn.

I liked it not because it was exceptional but because of Perry and Janney. They made it fun to watch because I like both of them. But, there were some episodes that were so typical, that I was at least hoping it would avoid that. I will see if I like this last one or if that’s it for me.

The only flaw I see in your analysis is that you neglected to mention that Richard Kind makes the suck factor up to the 100 power.