MS Excel question - preventing scrolling in a specific area

I don’t know if this is possible or not, but I thought that if anyone would know, the Dopers would…

I have an Excel spreadsheet . Imagine it’s divided into 4 quadrants, like a windowpane. I want to keep the upper right quadrant on the screen at all times. (another acceptable solution would be to just keep the whole right side on the screen without scrolling).

I think I know how to do this on the left side of the screen, but cannot get it to work on the right. Is it possible, and if so, how can I do it?

Thanks!

I don’t think it’s possible within the same spreadsheet. I think the closest you could come to doing it is by having the data is separate spreadsheets and using the Window -> Arrange function.

If you go to Window -> Split, it will drop a splitter down the middle of the spreadsheet. Move the splitter to where you want it. There will be a set of scrollers for either side of the split. Use the scroller for the side you want to move and the other side will remain static. (This works horizontally or vertically. If you highlight a column and then do the split, it will split vertically. If you highlight a row before the split, it will split horizontally.