Mueller's OLD Lasagna Recipe -- Do You Have It?

We ought to turn this into a thread for recipes that have been lost!

Great idea!

Does anybody know where the recipe card for my grandmother’s vegetable soup went? I can’t find it and I’m in a soup mood. :mad:

I am more shocked at over 15,000 views for what turns out to be a really crappy lasagna recipe! Geez…what’s next? How to make a cottage cheese lime jello mold?
Some recipes for taste delights from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s really should remain buried in landfills.

It slipped into the space between the countertop and the stove.

No, on the other side…

I think it had :

• 32oz of Ricotta Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Parmesean
  • 2 cups (8oz) mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 TBLS parsley
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper

Again, the OP’s last activity here was 11 years ago. She’s moved on.
I don’t even want to know how this latest bump came about.

So I’m wondering if anybody has the old Meuller’s lasagna recipe. I can’t find it anywhere in this thread.

Probably just somebody else searching for Muellers old recipe.

1 lb ground beef 1 tsp salt
3/4c chopped onion 1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbl salad or olive oil 1/2 tsp pepper
1 can (1 lb) tomatoes 1/2 tsp oregano leaves
2 cans (6 oz) tomato paste 1/2 pkg (8 oz) Muellers lasagna
2c water

Oh boy, this last one has no “masserela” or american or velveeta, but on the other hand it has NO CHEESE! I don’t know what it is but it’s not lasagna.

Well, I did see one episode of “Good Eats” where he made a cheeseless “lasagna”.

I agree that this misses a large part of the point of lasagna.

What did he make it with? I’m curious and can’t find anything without cheese. I make my lasagna with bechamel layers for the non-meat layer, but they still have plenty of parm.

It might be Eats but I doubt it’ll be Good.

My bad, it has a very small amount of cheese. 4 ounces, sprinkled on the top of the rest of the assemblage.

Huh. Odd recipe. My favorite lasagna recipe has about 4-6 oz of Parmesan, but that’s a strong cheese and its incorporated in the layers, not just dumped on top. Weird.

Molly, thank you so much for posting this recipe. I so wanted to make this today and could not find the recipe. You have made us very happy.

This is another of those threads that make me ask: You have an understanding of the basics of cooking, you know what you are making, you have an idea how it should taste, you made it off and on for 30 years, so why do you need a written recipe? Ye gods and little fishes, it’s like people who need precise measurements instead of, “Oh, about yea much,” or people who are flummoxed by “season to taste.” :stuck_out_tongue:

How much taste? So many? Or 4?

Season? Which season? Autumn? Or maybe Fall?

These things can make big differences.

Some people are naturals, some aren’t. I’m a fair cook, but I have to follow a recipe, and I have to follow it precisely. If I wing it, 90% of the time it’s a failure. My mom has the talent to wing it. I don’t, and anybody that eats my cooking should be glad that I’m aware of it.

The only complicated dish I can cook from memory is my chili, because it’s a recipe I invented myself and have been refining for over a decade. Anything else with more than a few ingredients - even if I’ve made it many times before - I’m going to want the recipe on hand at least for reference purposes.