Mundane pointless grocery store stuff

So last night I made my approximately-weekly trip to the store, and there they were: the chocolate fries. And the blue fries. And yes, I’ve seen them before, and I know there have even been other threads about them. But I still have trouble believing that these really exist and I didn’t just hallucinate them. Does this make any rational sense, or were the Ore-Ida research & development team on crack? Has anybody tried these? Do they taste as wrong as they look? I’m not sure that any foods ought to be that blue color, let alone potato foods.

I did see fit to pick up a tub of Shop ‘n’ Spend’s store-brand version of the pseudo-buterry/margariney spread substance I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. They call theirs This Is Not Butter, It’s Butterific! I think they missed a golden opportunity: I wish they had called it I Can’t Believe It’s Not “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”!

And how come they’ve stopped carrying 24-packs of Pepsi products? Yeah, I can still buy two 12-packs of Diet Mountain Dew instead, but somehow it’s just not the same as that big-ass cube.

Blue fries are what you need purple ketchup for :smiley:

Yuck. I’ve heard of them, but I still haven’t seen them here in Canada. I’m hoping they’re an American thing which won’t make it past the border. :smiley:
If I saw them in the supermarket, I might bring some home, just as a conversation piece. That’s assuming my husband would let them in the door, which is a pretty big assumption.

My son tried the blue ones, he wasn’t impressed. They’re not even really fries, just instant mashed potatoes formed into a fry shape, covered with crunchy stuff.

Sounds utterly revolting. Does it make your mouth blue after you eat them?

One of the stores I frequent has this weird, robotic Parkay tub with some sort of motion sensor in it. When you walk by it shouts “You’re a smart shopper!” blah blah blah trying to con you into buying Parkay. Scared the bejesus outta me the first time, but now I consider it an old friend. It’s sort of hilarious to watch the store employees give it a wide berth.

actually ive tried the chocolate, blue, and cinnomon fries…the blue ones were a bit ick…but the other 2 were actually good…hmmm i can go for some right about now…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Just the visual image… :shudder:

No 24 packs of Pepsi in Illinois? They’re still here in Ohio, c’mon over. We also have 30 packs now, but no more 6-packs in cans. Some day you’ll just call and they’ll deliver a tanker truck I guess…kinda like those biggee-sized drinks in fast food places already.

I liked the Onion’s version:

I’m Having Absolutely No Trouble At All Believing It’s Not Butter