Musician or Font

All names are taken from charts at Billboard.com for the week of February 12, 2011.

All fonts are taken from a copy of Word 2003.

1. Andalus
  2. Australian Sunrise
  3. Biondi
  4. Blue Highway
  5. Boopie
  6. Deerhoof
  7. Disturbed
  8. Easton Corbin
  9. Fabolous
  10. Hinder
  11. Hurry Up
  12. Kem
  13. Lucida Bright
  14. Mufferaw
  15. Outright Televism
  16. Plantagenet Cherokee
  17. Prince Royce
  18. ReservoirGrunge
  19. Social Distortion
  20. Stereofidelic
  21. Thompson Square
  22. Velvenda Cooler
  23. Violento
  24. Zayra

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, and 22 are fonts.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17, 19, 21, 23, and 24 are musicians.

Hmmm. #12 is how you spell my mother’s name. Interesting.

Blue Highway is also a famous bluegrass band. There are several flamenco/North African/“world” bands called Andalus or Al-Andalus.

Not also. Blue Highway *is *the bluegrass band. Billboard has lots of charts. Andalus is apparently the way Billboard lists the Al-Andalus Ensemble on their charts.

Blue Highway is the name both of a band and of a font. Your OP counted it only as a font.

Ah, I remember the deal. I decided to use only names I could find on that current week’s chart. And while Blue Highway has been on the charts a couple of times, it isn’t now. They’re like Times New Viking, the group that made me think of how fontlike it sounded, but whom I had to leave off since it hasn’t charted since 2008. Same with Cake, which is also both a font and a group but I decided not to use it for some reason.

It would be fun to open up the timelines and find all the groups that have ever had font names and fonts that have ever had band names. We got three already.