Must-see TV conflicts

[sub]Eenie, meenie, minie, moe…A mundane, pointless thread about Arts & Entertainment…::flips coin::…Cafe Society it is.[/sub]
This has never happened to me before. Tonight’s TV lineup has four (count 'em—four!) things I want to watch—all at the same time. And I’m talking broadcast TV here—no cable, no sattelite. Network TV.

ABC has game 2 of the Blazers-Lakers playoff series.

CBS has Survivor. (Yeah, yeah, reality TV will be the death of western civilization, yadda, yadda…)

NBC has a new Friends. (I know, it’s not as good as it used to be, but I still enjoy it, mostly.)

FOX has the best of the Star Wars movies, Empire Strikes Back. (The new revamped version—I haven’t seen it yet.)

What’s a guy with no social life to do? Is this what they have TIVO for?

Well, what I’m actually going to do is this:[ul]
[li] Tape Friends for later watching.[/li][li] Watch the game from 7:30 to 8:00.[/li][li] Switch over to Survivor at 8, flip over and check on the game during commercials.[/li][li] Turn back to the game at 9 to watch the Blazers lose. (sigh)[/li][li]Catch the new version of ESB another time. Oh well. Maybe it’s time to go get the DVD trilogy boxed set.[/ul][/li]Thank you for your attention.

[sub]Color me surprised if this thread gets any responses![/sub]

there’s only one minor problem with this idea, and it rhymes with Borge Bucas.

I can’t believe I’m about to suggest this.

Of the choices you list, watch the ball game. If you enjoy sports, then nothing compares with watching a game live.

Survivor, I imagine, you’re mostly watching for the ending. You’ll hear about the ending.

Friends … the best thing I can say there is that Friends will be re-run.

And ESB you can catch again the next time Mr. Bucas fiddles with it.

If you can’t be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

This DVD is not in stock, but we’d be glad to notify you by e-mail when Star Wars Trilogy is available for purchase. Simply enter your e-mail address, and click Go. You’ll also be voting for this release; we’ll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

Is there not a boxed DVD set available? I thought I saw one the other day. Maybe I was seeing things.

No, I need to see all the grisly details—the back-stabbing, the whining, everything. I’m a Survivor addict. It’s not pretty, but it’s my life.

Actully, with the game it’s only the ending that I’m interested in, more or less. I’ll catch the 4th quarter, and bits and pieces here and there during the CBS commercials, and I’ll be happy.

It’s worse than you think. The original Star Wars trilogy isn’t out on DVD at all and won’t be until Sir George finishes the current trilogy. :rolleyes:

To each his own, who am I to judge. You probably wouldn’t enjoy hearing about my three-episode-a-day Match Game habit.

Yeah, try Tuesdays at the Visible household. Buffy, Gilmore Girls, and Andy Richter Controls the Universe, all at the same time. Now if all of them actually come out of showing reruns, we’re gonna have some tough decisions to make.

That’s mine too, MrVisible. Throw in Nova too, while you’re at it. And Undeclared, RIP.

And no, Tivo doesn’t help. Or at least not any more than just having another VCR.