Mutations: best and worst?

That reminds me, Dazzler’s power really sucks too. It’s like Jubilee’s, but without the, you know, ability to actually blow things up. Lame.

I’d love to have Dazzler’s power.

She transmutes sound into light.

Which means strobing effects, solid-light shields (she did this at least once, training on Alcatraz), and, let’s not forget, LASERS.
Not a bad power at all. You could seriously put a dent in those baggy-pantsed kids and their blaring hippity-hoppity music.

Now Longshot’s power was lame.

He gets lucky. But only when his motives are pure.

Now, I don’t know about you guys, but whenever I’ve needed to get lucky, there’s no way you could ever describe my motives as pure.

Bad puns aside, you can’t profit from gambling, might not even be able to do something for your OWN benefit.

And, being Catholic and having my inherent sinfulness beaten into me from day one, my consicence would NEVER allow me to believe myself pure.

You know, I didn’t realize that Dazzler changed sound into light. I thought she could just put on a wicked light show. You’re right, that is pretty cool.

It also occurs to me that if Rogue ever figures out how to control her absorption, she would quickly move from the “worst powers” category to the “best”. Of course, that’ll only happen when Marvel writers get tired of messing around with her and Gambit, so I’m not thinking it’ll happen anytime soon.

I remember reading an issue where The All Knowing Mysterious Character comments that if Chamber could master his power he would no longer have to look like that.

There was a time where Rogue retained access to all of the powers that she had absorbed. That means she had Wolverines healing factor, Storms weather control, Nightcrawlers teleportation, Colossus’ steel form and strength, Magnetos magnetism, and anyone else that she has absorbed. It’s a big bloody list.

I don’t know if she still has that, but for a while she was the baddest mutant on the block.

I third Jubilee. I totally had a crush on her watching the X-Men cartoon, but really, she could be replaced by a sparkler.

Cyclops’s power has also gotta suck. Not so much the eye-beams, but the fact that they constantly flow. That visor has gotta leave a funny tan-line.

Best: Gambit, assuming that “sauve Cajun pimp mojo[sup]TM[/sup]” comes along with it. If not then I’ll go with Mystique. If I can’t seduce Rebecca Romain, then I might as well have the second best thing.

I think she lost all that after Vargas nearly killed her and she was powerless for awhile. She’s all kerflooey at the moment in Adjectiveless.

It does! Gambit has a “charm power”, although it doesn’t work if you know about it. Basically, he can subtly convince people to be pleasantly disposed towards him. Pretty nifty ability.

I won’t nitpick about Gambit’s charm. It’s cute to think of it that way, now that you mention it.

But I’ve always had a soft spot for The Beast, Hank McCoy. It’s the same reason I think Batman is the greatest hero of all time: He’s basically a normal guy who’s really jacked up and incredibly smart. If I wanted to be huge and athletic and well educated, I could be just like the guy. He always pulls out random quotes and says hundred dollar words, which I do. Plus the fact that he’s blue and furry has made him bitter, which I can also relate to. Hey, the Beast friggin’ rocks.

What’s there to nitpick? I thought that was a fairly clear description of what has been depicted in the comic books.

Either Squirrel Girl or Eye Scream. (Squirrel Girl can’t be that useless, since she’s taken down Doctor Doom.)

What do I win? :smiley:

Only…his charm isn’t actually a mutant power, as far as I can tell. But then, I haven’t picked up an X-Men mag in six or seven years (holy moley…has it really been that long?). It’s small and I just don’t want to be an ass. I think he’s just that smooth.

No. You’re wrong and Kyla is correct.

[QUOTE]
Powers:
[ul][li]interkinetic power allows him to produce bio-kinetic energy within his body and use it to convert any inorganic object’s potential energy into kinetic energy on contact, making the object highly volatile and explosive on contact, internal energy also grants him heightened agility and creates static interference that shields his mind from detection[/li][li]hypnotic charm allows him to exert subtle influence over sentient minds, compelling them to believe what he says and agree with his suggestions[/li][li]full power template enables him to charge any organic or inorganic object within his line of sight, manipulate the potency of the bio-kinetic energy to cause various effects such as burning, molecular discomfort, or incineration, and utilize the advanced levels of bio-energy active when he uses his powers to augment his strength, agility, endurance, and reflexes, for short periods
[/ul][/li][/QUOTE]

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=83

Worst: Fourth (or whatever-th) Jubilee. If she could generate some real electricity–like we saw briefly in the second X-Men movie–that would be way awesome, but mostly she just spouts off fireworks.

Best: Xavier, natch. :wink:

I stand corrected. Sorry, Kyla.