My baby is beating me up, help!

I shouted many things during labor. They will not be printed here. 29 hours without food really makes a cranky Inkleberry.

I agree with you. Look, no one goes to college, or even kindergarten in diapers (unless they have a medical condition). And kids vary a LOT around this issue. I was trained at about 2, then basicaly said “screw this” and untrained myself for 6 months, and then went right back to being trained. For no clear reason. My brother, weird neat freak child he was, peed on himself once, and hated the feeling of pee down his leg so much he was fine from then on. From diapers to undies reliably in a few days. Our neighbor’s kid ahd no interest until he was almost 4.

When she’s ready, you’ll know. Meanwhile, if she does anything potty related, like sitting on it or peeing in it, I’d make a BIG fuss- “What a GREAT JOB!” “I’m so proud of you!” etc. Is she in day care? I’ve noticed kids who go to day care tend to get toilet trained somewhat quicker because they watch their peers wear big kid undies (Dora the Explorer!) and get so much positive attention that they try to follow.

Inkleberry,

My mother has been in part-time child care for close to 30 years. She is firmly convinced that big kid undies with interesting designs are a big positive influence on potty training- for most kids.

I know I certainly pee less in my pants when I’m wearing the pretty undies. My husband is quite partial to piddlers, and rather jealous they didn’t have them when he was a kid.

I wonder if those would help making pottying fun for the OP’s kid? I know she’s a girl, but still, it could be fun.

This is what finally did the trick for Whatsit Jr. (Well, that and his being old enough for it, but anyway.) We went to Target and let him pick out three packages of special “big-boy” underwear and then spent a week talking about how next Monday would be Underpants Day and he would wear underpants all day long and pee in the potty. Then when Underpants Day came, I explained carefully that it was important not to pee or poop on Bob the Builder, because Bob does not like to be peed on.

Amazingly enough, he started using the potty right away, and with only a few sporadic accidents we’ve never looked back.