My cat hid my glasses behind the toilet.

I wondered if there wasn’t an earlier thread. I mean how can you get a wolf and not write about it? Thanks. I’ll look there first.

Our cat really doesn’t hide or steal anything, at least that I’m aware of. Maybe she just does a really, really excellent job of it. For all I know she’s rented a storage facility somewhere and has it competely filled.

Okay, lieu, now I have this image of a storage-rental guy opening the unit to sell the contents for non-payment of rent. The door goes up…and out comes a flood of milk-jug rings, hair ties, q-tips, pencils, cat toys, glasses, socks, underwear…and dead mice and lizards.

So, basically the way it usually goes, minus the beheaded ex-wife in a plastic rubbermaid tub?

I’ve never had cats that hoarded/hid stuff, but the chihuahua does that with treats he doesn’t like – he will grab it and tote it off as if to munch on it in private, only for us to find the milkbone under the cedar chest, completely untouched. Or, at least, he used to – Udo has figured it out and follows Chili so he can chomp on that milkbone as soon as Chili drops it.

I did have a cat once that we’re pretty sure was at least part bobcat that loved to play fetch. If you wadded something up that made crinkly sounds (like a cigarette wrapper – what would you call those? box? but not the cardboard ones) and throw it, he would happily fetch it all day, or until it stopped making the crinkly noise.

And then there was Ugly. A big, mean, beautiful black cat whose favourite toy in all the world was (UNUSED!!!) tampons. He would actually crawl up through the bureau to get them from the drawer where we kept them, carefully take the paper of and walk through the house proudly, as if he had just caught a mouse, the tampon dangling by the string from his mouth. Very embarrassing when we had company over, but thankfully he never went after anything in the trash. Only the new ones!

Wow, and I thought my cat was weird because she likes to pick up coins and drop them in my shoes!

One of my other cats likes to flush the toilet. We have to close the bathroom door in the bedroom at night because he’ll go in there and just flush away. Fortunately he seems to only do it to get attention (and he gets plenty of that!) but it’s really annoying to have the cat flushing the john repeatedly when you’re trying to sleep.

People joke that we should teach him to use the toilet, but since we have four others who’ve shown no inclination in that direction, we’d still have to clean litter boxes so it doesn’t seem worth the effort.

Now that is a smart-but-spoiled cat.

Behold Tuna, stasher of the Q-Tips.

I had a cat that would retrieve used sanitary pads from the trash. Wrapping them in toilet paper was not enough, it just made it more fun for her. One day I came home from work and there was toilet paper all over the place. I found what was left of the pad, under the bed.

That’s a sweet story Wile E. Aren’t dog’s wonderful. Peachy was feral when I found her at 4 weeks old and had some health issues. My elderly, half blind dog, watched over her and never let her out of his sight.

Murfie & Peachy

Peachy is ADORABLE. And Murfie looks very caring. And is that Bat Ears Kitty I see? He grew up into a very handsome boy.

Yes, that’s Billy Bob. Who knew this scraggly little thing would grow up to be 20 lbs. of muscle and fluff.