My Cat Is In The Toilet

The ladies toilet at work to be exact. Not in the bowl but asleep on the lid.

See she was in a fight and got scratched in the eye. I took her to the vet this morning but before I went there I had 2 other appointments I couldn’t move. So my lovely well behaved kitty sat in her box in the car (with window open slightly) from 9am to 10.30am this morning. Then we went to the vet and lucky us it was their ‘dog clinic’ day. We had to hide in the corner because the grey hound thought my baby was a rabbit and kept wanting to eat her. After a couple of injections and some tablets we were all done at the vet.

BUT I couldn’t get home, they are re-laying the road surface in our street and so it was all closed off. As I was running late for work anyway I decided to bring her along. No-one seem’s to mind and she’s shut out of the way in the ladies toilet.

I just had to share, she’s been so well behaved and docile all day and now she looks sooooo very cute asleep on the toilet.

I did have a cat once that fell into the toilet when it was just a kitten and still learning about these things. It was very cute also but much much wetter.

Awwww that’d be cute if I wasn’t deadly afraid of cats.

I thought the subtitle of this thread would be: “Fun with Babelfish!”

Noel tried to jump in the toilet while my dad was peeing once.

My cat usually just put his head in the toilet, for drinking purposes. Then he discovered the glass I used to brush my teeth. It’s his now.

Toilet? Glass? Feh. I have a friend that leaves the faucet dripping for her feline’s amusement and hydration. Some how the idea of wasteful and expensive water bills hasn’t sunk in.

I have a picture of my little Porkchop in the sink, ferociously anticipating the next drip of water from the tap.

Guilty as charged. I am a slave to my pets. I’ve gotten a little more clever, though. I put the plug in and put a little water in the sink. It’s second best, but it’s not ecowise to leave the faucet running.

Mon chat est dans la toilette.
Mi gato está en el baño.
Meine Katze ist in dem WC.
Mia kato estas en la necesejo.

Oh and my cat always, ALWAYS invades the bathroom when I’m on the throne, begging for attention. He rarely does this when I’m at the computer, but does it without fail when I’m on the loo.

I was expecting this (an email I got from my sister, who never forwards jokes):

1. Thoroughly clean toilet.
  2. Lift both lids and add shampoo.
  3. Find and soothe cat as you carry him to bathroom.
  4. In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids and
    stand on top, so cat cannot escape.
  5. The cat will self agitate and produce ample suds.
    (Ignore ruckus from inside toilet, cat is enjoying this)
  6. Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which
    is quite effective.
  7. Have someone open outside door, stand as far from toilet as
    possible and quickly lift both lids.
  8. Clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and outdoors,
    where he will air dry.
    Sincerely, The Dog

We pour a glass or bowl of water for the "kids"and leave it in the sink for them. Or they drink out of the toilet. Or they drink out of the “impression” part of the tub after the water is let out. Or they might actually use their BOWLS, fercrissakes!

(Sadly, we have to put one of the kids down after work tonight. He has a tumor in his mouth. We are very bummed. He’s 16.)

Kalhoun, :frowning:

My cats don’t drink out of the toilet bowl, but I took the lid off the tank when I was trying to fix my toilet, and the cats were fascinated. (They think plumbing’s pretty interesting in general.) They stand on the edge and drink out of the tank.

What do cats have against water bowls, anyway?

I think they use waterbowls – they just don’t let us see them using waterbowls.

I recently got Elvis one of those water tank refillable types and he said “thank you, thankyouverymuch” – but his #1 choice is still the floor of the tub right after I get out of the shower.

Don’t ever buy your cat a self waterer. I thought it would be really convenient, so I got one. Well thank goodness it was the smallest they made, because Sam had a field day with it. He sat there and batted the water, watched it spill, and then continued so it would dispense more water. He did it until it was empty and I had to clean it all up. He was so funny, I couldn’t even bring myself to fuss at him. And every time the toilet flushes he comes running, so he can watch it ripple as it fills back up. Never caught him drinking out of it. My Sam also likes the tub and shower after I get out. He’s even fell in a few times as I was running the water. (I have a garden tub and do other stuff while it fills. Thank God he’s never fallen in while I’m in there!!!)

The water in the bowl has been sitting for a while. It gets stale, you know.
Perhaps thier moms, like ours, told them never to drink standing water.

Gosh this thread is hilarious!

We keep the lid down on our toilet, so we don’t have that problem.

But CJ (Eviiiiiiiil Kitty) loves hopping on the pedestal sink while we’re doing our deed on the toilet.

.Now, mind you, we have an 80 year old house and the bathroom is small. Let’s just say you can brush your teeth while sitting on the toilet.

ANYWAY…CJ must have the water turned on as she’s shoving her delicious butt in your face. Fun. She loves sink water and often sleeps in our sink and looks oh so very cute! The little tortie!

She hates drinking out of her water bowl. Sometimes, she will howl at the water bowl until I freshen it up with new water.

I am a slave to my cats. It’s a sad, sad, thing

I have a glass shower - I am never left alone. The cats will peer in at me - my Miss Jody will sit right outside the tub and meow at me. Sunshine will walk along the top of the glass - the 1 inch wide glass! The instant I open the shower to get out, Sunshine will stick her head in. Last night, she actually was able to get inside the tub (I always keep the door closed, even not when in use) by walking along the top and sliding down. I don’t know what it is with the two of them and the shower!

They do use their water bowl, though. I did used to have a cat when I was a kid that loved to drink out of the faucet. When she got old and sick, she would never leave the sink - just curled up there - dad called her the sink-dweller. My sweet Midnight.

Susan

Lyra, thanks for the warning on the self-waterer. Powdered Donut does the same thing, whether it’s the toilet, the sink, the bathtub, the aquarium, etc. She’ll jump in a full bathtub when my wife is taking a bath; she’ll sleep on the toilet seat after a long day of gazing in the bowl, all curled up, or in the sink. Lately, she’s been sitting in the corner of the kitchen sink, staring wildly at the faucet, and occasioanlly, I’ll glance over to see her making out with it.

Great idea, thanks!

We tump over the water bowl and any water glasses.

We do that, but we turn the water off when she’s done drinking. But the kitchen faucet tends to drip anyways.

We’ll also leave a little water in the bathroom sink.
They’ve never tried to drink from the toilet, but they HAVE tried to PLAY in it.

Kalhoun, I’m so very sorry. :frowning: