My effort to attone

Greetings. I am a newbie here. I was just taken to task in the BBQ Pit for not having enough variety in my first ten posts.
The thread is Say Hello to our newest OTP-ClawsofCatt!* http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165835

In an effort to attone, and to sufficiently diversify my posts, I would like to share excerpts from a book I am reading: “Fatal Mountaineer: The High-Altitude Life and Death of Willi Unsoeld, American Himalayan Legend,” by Robert Roper, St. Martin’s Griffin, New York. I have selected excerpts I think will be of particular interest to this board.

There. I hope this helps.

I messed up the good part on that last quote.

Ever crap your Buttress?

Ooh, clever.

(Sorry, lieu, I was aiming for the vaunted #3 post myself :slight_smile: ).

Sorry, ClawsOfCatt, wrong forum. The nail-biting tension apparent in the passages you quote disqualifies them from being mundane. And the fact that you started the thread for an actual reason means that it’s not really pointless. But thank you for sharing.

I do hope you will take the above in the playful spirit in which it was intended. Welcome to the SDMB.

Should I correct her spelling, or would that be piling on an already persecuted newbie?

I can’t believe we are wasting valuable hamster energy with this…

At least it wasn’t a “Tenth Post Party!” thread;)

Sounds like they need to start marketing a “Depends for Mountaineers” type product. :slight_smile:

Hi Claws! Howyadoin?

How’s that for “a waste of bandwidth”?

Thanks, kaylasdad99

Me, too. But, welcome! :slight_smile:

Wow! I thought this board was dedicated to “Fighting Ignorance…” I guess that kind of ignorance is okay?

It’s just sad that these people don’t have anything better to do than berate someone for not amusing them sufficiently. (I followed the link and read enough to get the gist…and an unclean feeling. I didn’t follow the links from there to your posts, because the flamer didn’t seem to have an issue with the content; only the similarity.) Unfortunately, it’s been common on almost every board I’ve been on over the past 20 years, or so, for long-timers to belittle newbies. I guess it’s the only way they can feel superior.

Anyway, while I haven’t happened across any of your previous posts, don’t let anyone make you feel like you have to post what they want you to post. Just ignore them, and they’ll eventually leave you alone and go back to pulling the wings off flies or find someone else to victimize.

As a side note, your username reminded me a woman I used to know, called Kat, who had very long claws of her own.