My Favorite Thing I Did This Weekend Was . . . (Your Answers Wanted)

That’s quite the “phew” indeed!

That was scary! Glad you found her all right.

you’re hired - me next?

I planted a few perennials and moved several of my cactus and succulent houseplants outdoors for the summer. And I enjoyed some quality time on Monday just talking and laughing with my husband, who is usually zipping back and forth between all his different hobbies and projects.

I had a date for the first time in six years! It went very well. So well I’m seeing him again tonight!

It’s a tie between painting an accent wall a new color that is a lot nicer than what was there before and painting the spots where I had patched the plaster and then sanded it down, and taking my first nap in a few years.

I woke up when my two year old son woke up at 7:30 on Saturday. We got everything done by 2:30 and he finally said he was tired and went down for a nap. I figured why not take on as well and did. It was a nice feeling and left me refreshed to start painting that nice after he went to bed.

I put my kayak in the water for the first time in 6 years. Had some fun in the heat and didn’t know I was somewhat sick and that explains why I had a hard time putting the kayak back on the car.

Huzzah! I’m so happy for you!! :smiley:

Yay! :slight_smile:

Was the squirrel a close friend?

Everyone was so productive. I worked Sunday and Monday and accomplished nothing on Saturday except cleaning out my freezer.

My boyfriend and I worked in the yard. I’d already enlarged the perennial bed and had bought grapes and blueberries to plant. It’s nice to have a guy around to do the heavy lifting! So we finished filling the perennial bed with soil and he dug alot of holes for the other plants. Also worked in the vegetable gardens.
THEN we went to my mom’s to get her house cleared for her move. It was her last day and we had to haul a ton of stuff to various places.
The gardening was much more fun!

What do you mean you weren’t productive? I haven’t cleaned out my freezer since we moved into this house. As far as I am concerned, cleaning out the freezer is more than enough to earn you the entire rest of the weekend off!

We went to a get-together at my son-in-law’s parents’ house. Of course my 16-month-old granddaughter was brought there as well. OMG. The cute. First time in a real swimming pool. Giggles, chuckles, and splashing ensued. I’m not prejudiced, of course, but there has rarely been a more adorable baby.

Had a great time at the 4th annual Slackfest - skiing on a snowfield near the top of Mt Washington in NH.

Snerk.

I got all crafty! I’m learning to sew (mostly teaching myself), and on Friday night, on a whim, I made my son a little pillow. It has a pieced top and everything. It took me only like 3 hours from start to finish, and I’m very proud of it!

Saturday I finally started on a sewing machine cover I’ve been planning for a few weeks, and by noon Sunday I was 90% done with it (I have to get some bias tape in the right color to finish it). No photos yet, but it’s got some piecing and some quilting and I’m even prouder of it than I am of the pillow. :slight_smile:

Shopping!

I went to a thrift store and found a great, heavy, nice roasting pan with rack- score! And also a broiling pan for my oven. Listen up, people- the broiling pan comes with the oven, and you should leave it when you move. It is not a free gift for moving in! I also found some awesome candles that look like distressed wood with metal embossing up the sides, and other small but equally awesome things.

I smoked a bunch of ribs Saturday. Tasty but hard to keep lit! HAR!!!

Dancing to Above & Beyond.

Saturday I watched my son get married. Sunday we lazed around and watched a Firefly marathon. Good times.

[announcer voice]“Sorry, Lorene; Starkist wants girls who love nuts…”[announcer voice]

As far as I know that squirrel died a virgin. Ford antennas not withstanding.

My wife must have thought so. She chased him along a highway with an SUV until he nearly died of exhaustion and jumped over the side of a bridge to escape.

Hey, but you know who Else hated squirrels…?

Yesterday when there was a break in the clouds my bud and I got on our scooters and did about a 20 mile ride all over the outskirts of town and then back in. It was sunny and beautiful and we rode over bridges and across the river. It was so much fun!:smiley: