My first pitting - James McCormick

One day I’'ll finally give up on this whole “morals” thing and also be “ritch bitch”.

And don’t even get me started on his shitty brand of spices…

FWIW - from what I can tell the golf gadget was a total scam too - that takes balls - making your scam object on an existing scam gadget.

I can’t believe no one that mattered tested these earlier on. Maybe they did - but didn’t do it in a controlled manner and were filled by the dowsing effect.

Who were the fucking idiots who bought this shit? Does this guy not get a Darwin award exception?

No, because most of the people who bought this shit were bribed Iraqi officials. The people killed weren’t the ones buying the devices, for the most part. That’s like saying a pedestrian deserved to die because you bought magic brake pads which didn’t work and ran him over.

I think these may be the same ones that Thailand bought for the insurgency in our far South. And the government here is still insisting they work, but sadly the soldiers’ experience has taught them differently.

But the pedestrian didn’t elect me to buy magic brake pads and drive my car did he now? I admit this is bordering on specious given Iraq’s government is new and perhaps not a shining example of democracy, but in general I think people deserve their governments, in particular democratic ones.

That’s a ridiculously fucked-up thing to say. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Because repackaging an old scam makes it easier to sell. Fake detectors of various things seems to be fairly popular as recurring scams go; this was especially nasty of course since it involved bombs and not another popular target like oil or gold or water.

? Do people not deserve their governments? Especially democratic ones? I admit with Iraq this doesn’t necessarily hold up.

This is a rather sticky wicket, isn’t it? How in the devil did the US (who almost certainly supplied the money for this gear in aid to Iraq) not have oversight here. Yes, Iraq’s chief bomb detector is in jail, and that appears to be the correct decision. Does the US just give money and not see if it is being used properly?

Oh, wait. Yes we do.

Sorry, didn’t mean to waste anyone’s time.
Nothing to read here.

No, they do not. This is the kind of sophomoric glib nonsense that people repeat because it sounds good, but it doesn’t stand up to a second of scrutiny.

Maybe either one of you could flesh it out a bit. I always considered the trite saying as a cautionary statement, or only applicable to a particular circumstance, not some kind of mathematical proof.

Even assuming that the government in question was democratic, it appears that the buyers and “bomb detectors” were appointed, not elected.

This sort of “reasoning” can be used to excuse pretty much anything through a chain of events, so it is of no practical use whatsoever.

For example, the Texas fertilizer plant explosion was the fault of voters. After all, the voters elected the officials that appointed the officials who failed to properly inspect the plant.

I first read about this douche here on the boards a few years ago and was amazed then. all this time later he’s still at it? Crazy.

Snark, you’re doing it wrong. First, hurling that at a thread is so 3 years ago. Second this isn’t a guy who hurt one other person, this guy put a tremendous amount of people at risk and profited mightily from it. And finally, well… never mind.

Maybe you should take Bob Ducca’s advice.

Oh, good, I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that upon seeing this thread title. :stuck_out_tongue:

What do they deserve then, and how are they going to get it?

I agree that Iraq is arguably a special case. An argument that I don’t feel up to getting into :slight_smile:

I like to take it on an individualized, case-by-case basis. You, for example, deserve to be thrown off of a tower. I imagine this will happen sooner rather than later if you keep saying fucked up shit like this where other people can hear you. Any more questions?

Yeah, I think it’s these “products”