My husband threw the cat down the stairs tonight.

I’ve got the table the computer’s on and another desk right next to it that holds the printer, CDs, various papers and other junk, and right now the cat. Shadow somehow manages to stretch out to three feet or so and is currently sticking his paws right in the way of the mouse. And he won’t move them, no matter how much I bump his paws. Stupid cat. Can’t you curl up like a normal cat?

I had a cat in a previous second floor apartment. There was a window in my bedroom and one in my kitchen on the outside of the house they were about 5 feet apart at an angle to one another. During the summer both windows were left open. My cat decided jumping from window to window was a great way to get around. It worked well for her untill one night I closed my window because a breeze. I was woken up to the sounds of something slamming into my window, a few desperate scratches of her trying to catch the window sil and a meow. After that fall she was limping a bit. The vet found no broken bones or anything. She recovered fine.

Bwah!

Tears. Actual tears of laughter. Sorry, poor kitty, but…

Bwah!

Our last cat did a similar thing - he charged into a closed door (I had shut it so my husband could sleep in - normally it was open) - after I heard the very loud thud, I heard the pitter-patter of paws charging back down the hall. I looked in the living room to see said feline sitting on the half wall having a casual wash. He was such a bone head.

I miss the li’l guy…

It’s the whole Doppler Effect reference that makes joemama’s post so funny. I mean, we can hear the poor kitty! And yeah, it’s funny.

The high rise syndrome is pretty impressive until you consider that the vets never get to see the ones that didn’t survive the fall. :eek:

I concur.

Well, plus cats being flung. I’m partial to that myself.

I have some 12-week-old foster kitties right now and I accidentally double-punted one just last week when I was walking through the house. It all happened so fast I that I didn’t realize what was happening at the time and had to reconstruct the events later from forensic evidence. I think the kit was trying to catch my right foot when I kicked just his butt, which sent him spinning forward into my left foot, whereupon I caught him under the belly and booted him into the air where he bounced off the wall, ricocheted off a pile of junk, and eventually rolled to a stop under the couch.

After I got my heart started again, I coaxed him out from under the couch, where he was giving me the stink-eye. He wasn’t hurt, it seemed, just humiliated. It’s left me paranoid, though, so now I do a heebie-jeebie dance everywhere I go around the house.

You can tell people with cats by their somewhat cautious, semi-shuffle step while walking around the house (the better to not launch any cats who happen to saunter by while your’e in mid-step, a speciality of so many cats.)

Cats are too supposed to fly! Our Shilla loves to sit in Zyada’s lap, until she starts to warm up for a sneeze. He looks up at her as if to say “You’re not going to do that again, are you?” and watches, and watches, and as soon as she does sneeze, he goes straight up in the air, kicks off the wall, and rushes out the door. I’ve managed to kick our new one Amira a few times, but not too badly. Moody manages to avoid all that - she’ll give a dirty look to anybody making noise, and keeps herself out of the way of us clumsy humans.