My magic 'taters didn't work tonight. . .

Crap.

I skated tonight, and relatively poorly. Yeah, I had a few good plays, but I ended up falling a lot, and dinking around with the puck when I should have been shooting. My reasoning: My magic taters didn’t work tonight.

I’ve got this superstition that if I eat a bowl of mashed potatoes topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and fresh ground peppercorn, and then take a nap, I’ll have plenty of gusto to go out there and kick some ass. . .

Well, we played the easier team tonight, and we got our asses handed to us, 5 - 0. I had a few SOGs but my plus-minus rating is in the gutter.

Do you guys have any superstitions I could try? Maybe a little lucky practice or two? Playoffs are coming up, and I don’t want to suck. . .

Tripler
Maybe it was the Bac-Os I added tonight. :frowning:

Dude, all I’m saying is that I wouldn’t feel comfortable putting fake bacon on my taters and relying on them to carry me through. I’s have to have the real thing. No doubt.

Sorry about the bad game, babe.

The only superstition I can think of is don’t let me watch the games. I’m a jinx.

Then again, I didn’t, so I guess that one is out the window. :wink:

Yeah, Tripler, that happens to a lot of guys. (Not me of course. My “taters” work juuust fine.) Maybe you were just tired. Or, did you take any cold medicine? I guess you just had to cuddle…

Oh, wait…

Never mind.
-Rue.

Silently taps Tripler’s shin pads with her stick for good luck

I always listen to Bruise Violet by Babes in Toyland to get me pumped up. Try a song. :smiley:
And good luck. We’re heading for the playoffs too.

Yeah… no doubt Boo… no doubt. It be the fake-o’s you be usin’ my homey. Word.

<ahem>

Sorry… don’t know what came over me.