My Name is Earl 9/28

My recording stopped after Michael and Jim’s conversation, when the two other guys came in to the “party”. Was there a little gag at the end like the gay detector last week?

Thanks.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Joy: “I didn’t have no caesarean! That’s where my prom date stabbed me!”

That line killed me – just coming out of left field – Joy trying to defend herself against Catalina’s insults.

Fucking FCC. Just think, if you could show Catalina totally naked

Near the beginning of the show Earl, Randy and Catalina are in the motel room. Randy says the he does not like Joy either. This is news to me. Joy insults everyone, but there does not seem to be special resentment between these two. Did anyone else find that strange?

I think you’ve put your finger on the secret to this show…all the left field, non sequiter, OMG I want to hear more about THAT lines.

. . . . what? Wait a minute . . . . what?

I agree. Although any show with that much Catelina is a good show, I hope they move off this current story arc and back to Earl’s list.

As others have said, I did like the fact that they went into such a long set up for such a bad pun.

Forgot to ask: What were the other offences that Joy had been convicted of?

We had some bad weather here Thursday and the local station interupted Earl with a tornado warning and I missed the hearing.

(The also had a graphic up during all of Earl and it too often blocked the good views of Catalina.)

Back in the day, Joy decided to make some money by photocopying $20 bills. Strike 1. Then, while she was getting fingerprinted, she slapped the cop. Strike 2.

Thanks. They interupted right in the middle of the 20s coming out of the photcopier.

VCR/DVR alert: Jaime Presley is hosting SNL next week. Ought to be great.

I got that part, but would there be a strike 3 before you were convicted of the next crime?

The third strike is what puts you away for good.

Yes, but I think Mikemike2’s point is, she has not yet been convicted. Therefore is it really strike 3?

Joy’s facing a third strike is what caused her bail to be set at an unexpectedly high amount. Because Joy is facing a a “life” sentence and would be prone to flight, the nut crackin’ judge set her bail at a million. Earl went down to the courthouse thinking that the wad of money he was carrying (probably $1000 or so) would be enough to bail Joy out like it was in the past. Going to be interesting to see how Joy will weasel out of this one.

I also like the conversation between Earl and Darnell about when D was hiding in the closet while Joy danced for Earl one day. Very nice.

I do agree that this episode was a little off, somehow. It felt to me a bit sleazy - they don’t need to resort to gratuitous boob shots to get ratings with the writers they have. There’s usually a certain innocence to the show that’s adds a lot to the general feel. That was missing this time around. It’s not a huge deal, but I noticed it.

You’re not the only one.

Unfortunately, this week Earl and The Office came in third behind Ugly Betty and Survivor. A distant third. Hopefully, this won’t change the way either show does things. Although I agree that this episode was more explicitly racy than I like.

Since nobody has mentioned this yet, maybe I heard it wrong. Earl said something like “If someone exploded a bomb in the strip club that night, it would have killed every straight guy in Kansas.” The show takes place in Kansas? Or did he say something else?