My posts from this morning went missing

I posted to a number of different threads this morning; I saw the posts go through and I was returned to the threads with my post visible at the bottom; I’ve come back a few hours later and they are gone.

Better check your wallet, too.

We’ll have someone look into it.

It would be nice if you could give some cites as to where you posted earlier so we could have some idea of where to look for missing posts. We have no idea where you’ve been or what you’ve done.

Oddly, one of the posts I was most certain was missing is visible now; I’m now in that quandary state of wondering if I imagined it all. Other posts I thought I had made in other threads are definitely not there, but I’m not so sure about having seen those ones go through.

Perhaps it was a temporary indexing problem or something… I dunno…

Anydamnthing is possible. If you do find more evidence that your posts are going missing please send me an email with what you think are the relevant threads and we’ll look deeper at the problem.

You’re not imagining it. It’s happened to me a couple of times over the past week.
Hell, just the other day I did a vanity search for my username. The damn thing came back and told me no such user exist!! :eek:

I was like HOLY CRAP! I’m a figment of my own imagination!!

did you hear something Mangetout?

If you add a post using the Quick Reply box, it updates the page with AJAX, which means the whole page does not need to reload. If you go forward a page, then back in your history, often you’ll find the cached page does not have your post, even though it’s actually there.

I don’t know if that was what happened, but it may have been a browser cache problem.

Actually, GuanoLad, I believe that this latest version of vBulletin has switched to Mr. Clean.